Associate Client Director - Comms Planning
The purpose of the Associate Client Director role is to:
- Support the relationship with their central and/or local client
- Support the implementation of the strategic vision with the support of the internal team, local markets, OpCos and specialist functions
- Deliver business financial targets for designated small clients, or support the delivery of financial targets on larger clients
- Be an ambassador for Carat, connecting across internal and external networks to deliver the operating model and build the brand reputations of Carat and Dentsu Aegis Network
The role is across a broad range of clients which are experiencing varying challenges with exciting objectives.
- Managing the Business: Delivery of multiple workstreams in order to meet client expectations through effective mobilisation of the DAN resources and people at all times
- Implement new ways of working within the teams, ensuring that process is being adhered to (huddles, information centres, standard and operating procedures etc.)
- Relationship Management: Responsible for delivering outstanding client service for your central and/or local clients and working with Client Director and Client Partner to deliver according to appropriate contact strategy and client service plan
- Proactive Client Development: Proactively seek out opportunities for cross-sell and up-sell and consult with Client Director/Client Partner on mobilisation of these opportunities
- Managing Client requirements across the network: Responding in a timely and accurate manner to client requests for information, working seamlessly with internal stakeholders and colleagues across the network in order to deal with their requests
- Network Client team management: Appropriate management and mobilisation of Carat network / OpCos around client
- Delivering and sharing best practice as appropriate
- Demonstrate the ability to cultivate strong relationships across local markets/OpCos to ensure that work is delivered on time and to high quality
- Global and Local Team Resourcing: Supporting the up-skilling of local markets as appropriate and identifying any local market challenges
- Global Media Partnerships: Delivery of GMP plans into local agency deliverables and ensure that partnerships are seamlessly executed across network working closely with appropriate DAN colleagues (eg Amplifi)
- Commercial Finance: Where appropriate, on local/small client accounts, working with Operations Director to ensure forecasting and P&L management process are delivered accurately and managed appropriately
- Operational Finance: Where appropriate, on local/small client accounts work with the operations director to ensure that the operational finance process on your client is smooth and error free. Lead issue resolution
- New Business: Active engagement in new business opportunities as appropriate
- Managing People: Responsible for actively developing direct reports. Must ensure they are motivated, have a clear and regularly reviewed development plan. Must positively demonstrate DAN values at all times. Responsible for ensuring the DAN Personal Best process is used to set stretching, but achievable, personal objectives for their direct reports, which contribute to Carat delivering its business plan
- Working with the Client Director/Client Partner to ensure the planning process is delivered end to end, mobilising appropriate resources from across the network and supporting specifically the Planning and Strategy Directors involved on the client business to develop strategic, integrated, consumer focused solutions to client business challenges
- Support the integration of planning solutions into the network and effectively translate strategic plans into consistently good execution in every market, working closely with local leads
The Ideal Candidate
- Client Relationship Management
- Commercial Acumen
- Media, strategy and product Skills
- Self-awareness and organisation
- Teamwork and people management
We offer everything you would expect a global corporation to provide including competitive pension plans, income protection, life assurance, critical illness cover and season ticket loan. We are committed to creating a great environment for all of our employees. As well as the little perks such as team days out, kitchens stocked with free fruit, teas and coffee in the office, we strongly support a work-life balance and encourage agile working across the business. Our working parents are eligible for up to 20 weeks paid leave, including dads and co-parents and we also offer lifestyle benefits such as corporate-rate gym membership, childcare vouchers and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) days to use working for charitable causes each year. You always get your birthday off and we have a great holiday allowance scheme allowing you to buy or sell holiday too!
About the Company
Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. With consumers more connected, through a range of devices, than ever before, the era of media convergence is presenting many opportunities as well as a new, complex media eco-system. From identifying who the consumers are, to how they make their decisions.
Dentsu Aegis Network is made up of nine global network brands - Carat, Dentsu, Dentsu media, iProspect, Isobar, mcgarrybowen, MKTG, Posterscope and Vizeum and supported by its specialist/multi-market brands. Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands Are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. Offering a distinctive and innovative range of products and services, Dentsu Aegis Network is headquartered in London and operates in 145 countries worldwide with over 30,000 dedicated specialists.
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.