Associate Client Director
Reporting into Matt Huntingford, Client Partner, the team comprises a Manager, Exec and Assistant supported by a Digital Associate Director. As there is no Client Director, this is a role that reports directly into the Client Partner. As such it offers a high degree of freedom to really own some key accounts and the client relationships. This role will suit an experienced, ambitious and independent Account Director who is looking for the opportunity to move to the next level.
Wickes is key account for both Carat & DAN. Our relationship that extends over the last five years, and has seen Wickes move from a model based on the traditional deployment of paid media to, to an integrated, multi-channel business looking to activate an omni-channel approach across a set of dynamic audiences.
Our relationship with Wickes covers all aspects of their media, from the national and local paid media to support local store openings and key sales events, through to search, social, CRM and content creation and amplification. As such it offers a unique opportunity to work with an extended team from across several of DAN’s core operating brands including Amplifi, The Storylab and iProspect.
In 2017 Wickes became the proud sponsor of C4 Homes demonstrating the ambition of the business has to become the undisputed category lead. This was a strategic decision driven by Carat as Wickes’ lead agency, and the deal was brokered by The Storylab.
We are looking for somebody who can continue to push forward and take an ambitious client to the next stage in terms of their media strategy and deployment.
Department for Transport (20%)
The role also covers the Department for Transport (DfT). While Carat’s role is strictly speaking a ‘pure’ strategic planning role, as the implementation is also through DAN, this account offers the opportunity to deliver a full end to end communications approach for a government department that has a remit to make a real difference.
As the lead department for road safety, DfT and Carat have been responsible for some award-winning campaigns that have demonstrably helped save lives. As they look to move away from a traditional campaign by campaign approach, we a strong planner who can help them to create and implement always-on strategies to reach a range of audiences.
- Managing the Business: Delivery of multiple workstreams in order to meet client expectations through effective mobilisation of the DAN resources and people at all times.
- Implement new ways of working within the teams, ensuring that process is being adhered to (huddles, information centres, standard and operating procedures etc.)
- Relationship Management: Responsible for delivering outstanding client service for your central and/or local clients and working with Client Director and Client Partner to deliver according to appropriate contact strategy and client service plan.
- Proactive Client Development: Proactively seek out opportunities for cross-sell and up-sell and consult with Client Director/Client Partner on mobilisation of these opportunities
- Managing Client requirements across the network: Responding in a timely and accurate manner to client requests for information, working seamlessly with internal stakeholders and colleagues across the network in order to deal with their requests.
- Network Client team management: Appropriate management and mobilisation of Carat network / OpCos around client
- Delivering and sharing best practice as appropriate.
- Demonstrate the ability to cultivate strong relationships across local markets/OpCos to ensure that work is delivered on time and to high quality
- Global and Local Team Resourcing: Supporting the up-skilling of local markets as appropriate and identifying any local market challenges
- Global Media Partnerships: Delivery of GMP plans into local agency deliverables and ensure that partnerships are seamlessly executed across network working closely with appropriate DAN colleagues (eg Amplifi)
- Commercial Finance: Where appropriate, on local/small client accounts, working with Operations Director to ensure forecasting and P&L management process are delivered accurately and managed appropriately
- Operational Finance: Where appropriate, on local/small client accounts, work with the operations director to ensure that the operational finance process on your client is smooth and error free. Lead issue resolution.
- New Business: Active engagement in new business opportunities as appropriate
- Managing People: Responsible for actively developing direct reports. Must ensure they are motivated, have a clear and regularly reviewed development plan. Must positively demonstrate DAN values at all times. Responsible for ensuring the DAN Personal Best process is used to set stretching, but achievable, personal objectives for their direct reports, which contribute to Carat delivering its business plan.
- Working with the Client Director/Client Partner to ensure the planning process is delivered end to end, mobilising appropriate resources from across the network and supporting specifically the Planning and Strategy Directors involved on the client business to develop strategic, integrated, consumer focused solutions to client business challenges
- Support the integration of planning solutions into the network and effectively translate strategic plans into consistently good execution in every market, working closely with local leads.
SALARY RANGE – £45K - £58K
CLOSING DATE – January 8th 2018
The Ideal Candidate
Client Relationship Management
Negotiation skills: abililty to contribute to negotiation strategic and if involved can demonstrate flex in style depending on situation and stage of negotiation;
Relationship-builder: thinks and acts proactively to create regular contact opportunities; shares information, experience and insight with client to build trust and mutual respect; aims to attain position of Trusted Advisor to client;
Solid understanding of the impact of each area of the Dentsu Aegis Network business on your clients’ business;
Strategic thinking: thinks out of the box in reference to presenting innovative solutions to client challenges.
Understands commercial terms of the contract;
Considers all aspects of the plan from a commercial perspective and in relation to the original brief;
General understanding of business models and trends, particularly within the client sector;
External market awareness: both in the media industry and client-specific challenges.
Media, strategy and product skills
Sound knowledge of all Dentsu Aegis Network services;
Strong marketing, media and communications concepts, models, skills, practices, tools, frameworks, etc.;
Holistic view of Bought, Owned and Earned (BOE) media;
Good understanding of holistic digital media concepts, propositions, Dentsu Aegis Media digital services;
Ability to analyse numerical data and pull out reasonable and rational conclusions to underpin innovative strategic plan.
- Excellent communicator: verbal, written, presentation, listening skills with internal and external stakeholders both senior and junior;
- High level of attention to detail with all outputs.
- Self-awareness and organisation
- Resilient: adopts energised and enthusiastic approach even when under pressure;
- Project management skill: draws up plan for delivery of work to deadlines and with all milestones plotted; follows up key deliverables to ensure timely delivery and heads off any risk to this with proactive checking in.
- Ability to understand cultural nuances and adapts own style to fit. Respects differences in culture, approach and skillset
Teamwork and people management
People management: sense of ownership in carrying out direct reports’ reviews and giving feedback.
Understands how to handle difficult and sensitive conversations with direct reports.
Delegates, checking in for support where necessary;
Deploys a mentoring style; gives praise and constructive feedback;
Ability to manage direct and virtual teams across the matrix, including across international and organisational boundaries
SALARY - £40,000 per annum
CLOSING DATE – January 8th 2018
We offer everything you would expect a global corporation to provide including competitive pension plans, income protection, life assurance, critical illness cover and season ticket loan. We are committed to creating a great environment for all of our employees. As well as the little perks such as team days out, kitchens stocked with free fruit, teas and coffee in the office, we strongly support a work-life balance and encourage agile working across the business. Our working parents are eligible for up to 20 weeks paid leave, including dads and co-parents and we also offer lifestyle benefits such as corporate-rate gym membership, childcare vouchers and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) days to use working for charitable causes each year. You always get your birthday off and we have a great holiday allowance scheme allowing you to buy or sell holiday too!
About the Company
Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services.With consumers more connected, through a range of devices, than ever before, the era of media convergence is presenting many opportunities as well as a new, complex media eco-system. From identifying who the consumers are, to how they make their decisions.
Dentsu Aegis Network is made up of nine global network brands - Carat, Dentsu, Dentsu media, iProspect, Isobar, mcgarrybowen, MKTG, Posterscope and Vizeum and supported by its specialist/multi-market brands. Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands Are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. Offering a distinctive and innovative range of products and services, Dentsu Aegis Network is headquartered in London and operates in 145 countries worldwide with over 30,000 dedicated specialists.
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.