BIG DATA ENGINEER
At Data2Decisions, our mission is to help our clients grow their businesses through better marketing - whether that’s data-driven insights or technology solutions.
We are a global brand with our head office in London and nine offices globally. Being part of the Dentsu Aegis Network means that together with the other network brands, we can provide clients with the integrated specialists they need to unlock the business value that comes from understanding today’s connected consumer. Our one P&L approach provides us with the agility to do this like no other media group can.
Our expertise spans many sectors and our clients are some of the world’s biggest and best known brands.
Our team of experts has skills and experience across marketing, analytics and technology. We employ a whole range of analytical techniques and are constantly innovating to find new approaches to help our clients harness their data faster to gain business advantage.
We value our people above all and provide lots of opportunity to develop through our industry-leading learning and development programs, and individual career development plans. We believe the diversity of our team, both in terms of experience, skills and backgrounds gives us a competitive edge and we work hard to nurture it.
Take a look at our Twitter feed to see what it’s like to work at Data2Decisions.
1. Role Overview
- Our vision is to consistently offer a world-class marketing effectiveness proposition on a global scale. At its core the purpose of this role is to:
- Design, build, optimize, launch and support new and existing data models and ETL processes in production
- Work with internal stakeholders to understand business requirements, work with cross-functional data and products teams and build efficient and scalable data solutions
- Build data expertise and own data quality for the awesome pipelines you build
- Use your expert coding skills across a number of languages from Python, Java and PHP
- Work across multiple teams in high visibility roles and own the solution end-to-end
2. Key Accountabilities
- Be an expert in cloud and lead the design and development of big data ETL process
- Utilise the recent but proven data processing cloud platforms to keep evolving the infrastructure
- Set up the big data platform where by that allows to build different analytics solutions on top of it
- Involve in cross cloud architecture designing
- Transform large quantities of data into client insights & actionable recommendations
- Maintain active communications with key contacts working on projects, managing expectations as you go along
3. Personal Specification
- BS/B.Tech./M.Tech in Computer Science, Math or related field
- Experience in development experience (Java, Python preferred)
- Hands-on experience in SQL and NoSQL
- Hands-on experience in the data warehouse space, custom ETL
- Experience working with either a Map Reduce or a MPP system on any size/scale
- Hands on experience in LAMP stack development experience
- Experience with large data sets, Hadoop, and data visualization tools
- Any experience of Amazon Web Services (AWS) would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the media, direct and digital industry would be an advantage
In return we offer collaborative, consultancy focused environment where employees are encouraged to impact clients, share knowledge and to grow and develop within our business. We also offer internal and external training opportunities, competitive salary, flexible working and great benefits package with 26 days holidays, pension, healthcare, income protection and more.
We are dynamic and digitally focused business with a strong portfolio of global clients and we are looking for people who are flexible and can spot opportunities in digitally led media space.