We are looking for a Client Director to join our amazing team. Working across one of our biggest client’s. As Client Director, you will be reporting into the Managing Partner. You aim will be to help service our client and to help drive growth and overall performance of the agency.
The overall purpose of the role is to effectively manage the company’s relationships with our client’s prospects and help ensure the company delivers its financial and strategic objectives.
• To ensure all work streams and deliverables are effectively managed and client
expectations are met through mobilisation of resources and people.
• To deliver outstanding client service, working with the Group Business Director &
Managing Director to design and execute an appropriate contact strategy and service
plan, consistently and within scope
• Measure performance through effective management and monitoring of quality and
profitability of business. Ensure suitable SLA’s are in place to address any issues
• Deliver strategic business plan to ensure opportunities to grow and develop our
relationships with clients are maximised. Deliver a seamless service and focus on cross
selling products and services
• Support the delivery of client business development plans, by having depth of
knowledge of client’s business needs and targets. Fully understand the contractual
requirements and manage delivery of the scope of work within relevant parameters
• Ensure forecasting (BART) is delivered accurately and managed appropriately
• Effective management of invoices and debtors, to ensure that the finance process and
any purchase order process is efficient and error free
• Identifying resource and talent to deliver effective client services solutions and where
gaps are identified work to resolve, by talent spotting internally or externally
• Actively support the new business process & team, input and contribute as required
• Pro-actlvely manage, motivate and develop team members, regularly reviewing
performance and aligning their development plans
The Ideal Candidate
• Ability to understand commercial terms within contracts
• Creation of commercially sound business plans
• Good understanding of a wide variery of media channels, digital concepts, services
and market trends
• Able to analyse data and identify and rationalise conclusions which underpin
innovative strategic thinking
• Ability to own the senior level relationship
• Ability to contribute to driving the brand forward at Board level
• Strong people management and leaderships skills
• Understands and can talk comfortably to client about all aspects of the business
In addition to a competitive salary we are committed to creating a great environment for all our employees. We offer everything you would expect from a large company including 25 days holiday plus the opportunity to buy more holiday, flex your working hours and take 2 paid volunteering days each year to support charitable causes.
We also provide pension contributions, life assurance, free eye tests, season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, and a whole host of great local and national discounts from leading retailers that you’ll have access to as an employee.
About the Company
Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. With consumers more connected, through a range of devices, than ever before, the era of media convergence is presenting many opportunities as well as a new, complex media eco-system. From identifying who the consumers are, to how they make their decisions.
Dentsu Aegis Network is made up of nine global network brands - Carat, Dentsu, Dentsu media, iProspect, Isobar, mcgarrybowen, MKTG, Posterscope and Vizeum and supported by its specialist/multi-market brands. Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands Are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. Offering a distinctive and innovative range of products and services, Dentsu Aegis Network is headquartered in London and operates in 145 countries worldwide with over 30,000 dedicated specialists.
Carat Manchester, is the largest media agency outside of London, and is part of the fastest growing global media group. Representing the whole of the agency to our clients your role demands impressive collaboration skills as well as the agility to add value across the 20+ channels we manage on behalf of our clients. Having an ambitious attitude will see you thrive. We share our passion for media with our clients, so they know they can trust us to keep them at cutting edge of the industry and deliver pioneering media campaigns.
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.