In 2017 we have been better aligning the Carat Global marketing and communications function to perform as a strategic driver to the 2020 growth ambitions of the Carat network and setting up the Carat Global marketing function as a centre of excellence that can better lead the network. We have been working closely with the centres of excellence within the DAN Global comms team, External Comms, Internal Comms, Thought Leadership and Social/Digital Platforms to build out a strategy for Carat as well as acquire all the relevant skillsets required within the team to lead the specialist disciplines. We have now laid the foundations for a number of marketing and comms initiatives to be produced and executed across the network next year.
The team will require a Communications Manager who will take ownership of the delivery of certain parts of these projects.
- Working with the Head of External Communications to define Carat’s Global Communications strategy
- Building relationships with Carat marketing and communications practitioners globally
- Managing and improving the global press office function to be a centre of knowledge and excellence on Carat’s thought leadership and news agenda, keeping senior management abreast of relevant media commentary and providing regular reporting.
- Creating great content and communications support in support of our major initiatives and events e.g. Cannes Lions, Demexco and M&A.
- Drafting materials including press releases, briefing notes, presentations and key messages relating to a range of activities including business development, acquisitions and new products and services.
- Building relationships with key influencers and publications
- Developing corporate communications PR tools including common approaches to messaging, press monitoring, online coverage
The Ideal Candidate
- A confident and professional PR professional – with a minimum of 5 years’ experience and preferably a track-record of working with business and thought-leadership titles
- Experience of planning around and working in a complex, global communications environment
- Knowledge of best-practice PR tools and approaches across monitoring, distribution, measurement and analysis
- High quality, accurate writing and presentations
A relationship builder
- Developing great relationships across the Carat business and becoming a trusted advisor and source of support for key stakeholders globally.
- Being an active and valued member of the wider Dentsu Aegis Global Communications Network – comfortable working across countries, cultures and time-zones.
- A good eye for design and maintaining high standards for content
- Meticulous on process – keeping internal schedules, communications platforms and plans up to date
About the Company
Carat is part of Dentsu Aegis Network, which is the first truly global communications network for the digital age. Dentsu Aegis Network is headquartered in London and consists of ten brands: Carat; Dentsu; dentsu X; iProspect; Isobar; mcgarrybowen; Posterscope; Merkle; MKTG; and Vizeum.
Established in 1966 as the world’s first media agency, Carat currently service clients more than 150 countries and employs more than 10,000 staff worldwide. Our vision is to ‘Redefine Media’, to create powerful client business outcomes through a command of media convergence. Carat work with some of the world’s largest and most inspiring brands including P&G, Coke, Adidas, General Motors, Mattel, Diageo, Lego, and Mondelez.