The Digital Manager is a specialist planning role designed to ensure digital insight is at the heart of our product and service offering to clients. A Digital Manager will develop insights from digital tools and liaise across our digital operating companies to ensure smooth activation of the digital elements of our plans and strategies. They will work with clients to ensure reports are understood and that optimisation recommendations are actioned across the DAN OPCOs.
Mattel is one of the world’s leading toy brands, responsible for iconic brands such as Barbie, Fisher Price and Hot Wheels. They operate in one of the most competitive sectors – marketing to kids – and therefore are always on the cusp of innovation with their media delivery and digital-first thinking. In this role you would be responsible for the output of Mattel’s range of infant and pre-school brands (such as Fisher Price), exclusively targeting mums and parents and trying to usher them into the world of Mattel products. This account will give you the chance to deliver digital innovation within the agency - the world of kids
- In conjunction with other Managers in your team you are responsible for pulling together digital insights for planning (from your London team and, for Global clients hubbed from London, Local DAN offices), which will inform digital strategy.
- You will work closely with the communications team to build digital capabilities and drive the digital strategy alongside your ADD & DD.
- You are responsible for liaison with OPCOs and local DAN offices (on global clients hubbed from London) who develop activation plans across different digital channels
- You are responsible for overseeing the quality control of reporting of the performance of active campaigns to clients (liaising with DAN OPCOs and local market offices as required) and, working with ADD / Digital Directors, make optimisation recommendations.
- You are responsible for translating optimisations and end of campaign insights into actionable elements and feeding these back into the planning cycle & plans.
- You are responsible for being the day to day digital contact for your clients.
The Ideal Candidate
- Solid understanding of digital marketing communications
- Working knowledge of digital specialisms, e.g. PPC, SEO, Video, Affiliates, Programmatic, Social, Mobile
- Working knowledge of media and communications planning tools and processes
- Ability to discuss and articulate fluently POV on media partnerships, content distribution platforms, social, data strategy, search & mobile
- Knowledge of performance digital media and trading desks beneficial
- Ability to be collaborative with other team members, agency partners, media owners and clients
- Ability to communicate strategic and innovative ideas with clarity and simplicity
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Firm understanding of the programmatic ecosystem, storytelling with the confidence to explain this in a client facing environment
- Understanding of best use of data, when and how to use it
- Excellent knowledge of all social platforms, formats, targeting opportunities and when to use them and content distribution
- GM operates most of the stacks which are on offer within DAN. Digital transitions not just traditional channels, but TV, Publishing, Radio Etc. Therefore, a firm knowledge of other channels and ecosystem planning would be necessary. Understanding how and when to connect the dots between activations and the role for each also in the user journey
We offer everything you would expect a global corporation to provide including competitive pension plans, income protection, life assurance, critical illness cover and season ticket loan. We are committed to creating a great environment for all of our employees. As well as the little perks such as team days out, kitchens stocked with free fruit, teas and coffee in the office, we strongly support a work-life balance and encourage agile working across the business. Our working parents are eligible for up to 20 weeks paid leave, including dads and co-parents and we also offer lifestyle benefits such as corporate-rate gym membership, childcare vouchers and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) days to use working for charitable causes each year. You always get your birthday off and we have a great holiday allowance scheme allowing you to buy or sell holiday too!
About the Company
Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services.With consumers more connected, through a range of devices, than ever before, the era of media convergence is presenting many opportunities as well as a new, complex media eco-system. From identifying who the consumers are, to how they make their decisions.
Dentsu Aegis Network is made up of nine global network brands - Carat, Dentsu, Dentsu media, iProspect, Isobar, mcgarrybowen, MKTG, Posterscope and Vizeum and supported by its specialist/multi-market brands. Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands Are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. Offering a distinctive and innovative range of products and services, Dentsu Aegis Network is headquartered in London and operates in 145 countries worldwide with over 30,000 dedicated specialists.
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.