The purpose of this role is to manage the delivery of Productivity Programmes across a portfolio of nominated regional and global clients while making sure that the performance related income payments (PRIP) are maximised as PRIPs are of huge importance to the clients and are critical to the commercial success of the agency.
This role is reporting to the Global Group Investment Director and involves daily exposure to senior people internally, to 3rd party auditors and to senior procurement clients.
The Investment Director will have to manage 2 direct reports (investment manager and an investment exec).
Some travel is expected in this position.
You`ll be required to work closely with:
- Group Investment Directors and Global Commercial Directors
- International Client Presidents across Carat / Vizeum / Dentsu X
- Local head of trading and managing directors across the network, Senior client procurement teams, 3rd party auditors
You`re expected to:
- Know how media and the client’s business work across markets and to anticipate how the changes in media conditions, trends, technology, local legislation can impact the buying performance.
- Support the central and local operational teams and Amplifi senior management in managing the PRIP framework, and the productivity performance.
- Contribute to and lead contract renegotiations (in collaboration with the global Commercial and Legal team) should it be required on any assigned client.
- Build a trusting relationship with the local/regional teams and be an inspirational and motivational representative of Amplif Global.
- To know when to escalate potential issues to senior management.
- Steer the focus of productivity commitments to drive maximum value and profit on the account.
- Manage the business to insure commercial success for the agency, managing revenues and meeting revenue growth targets, while minimizing the impact of penalties by actively managing any issues with under deliveries.
- Be able to explain the impact of any variable impacting buying guarantees.
- Manage client presidents and DAN OpCos in the management and implementation of productivity programmes.
- Mentor and provide frequent feedback about your teams’ job performance in addition to yearly appraisals.
- Make time to proactively contribute to the evolution of the global Amplifi product (ie: productivity systems, processes and methodologies)
The Ideal Candidate
- You have a minimum of 6-8 years’ work experience in the advertising/media industry (agency/client/auditor) in a buying/trading/investment role; preferably at an international level.
- You have a perfect knowledge of all media types and their trading and measurement practices at an international level, plus a good understanding of local nuances.
- You have an in depth knowledge of the size and methodology of all auditor pools (Ebiquity, Accenture, MediaPath, ECI, EMM, MediaSense, etc.) and ability to provide the local teams the support to clarify, question and defend their local performance vs. the auditor and/or procurement client at a local and central level.
- In your previous experiences, you have already built trusting working relationships with International Clients, Media Auditors and have overseen yearly audits, and defended results.
- You`re able to balance the conflicting interests of different clients and regions (global vs local, procurement vs commercial vs marketing) in a respectful and culturally sensitive manner.
- You have a proven ability to co-ordinate and manage projects, involving numerous stakeholders, markets, time zones. You can foster collaboration between and across markets, regions and disciplines.
- You have experience in managing your team, can create a learning culture, and will provide feedback on the quality of the work beyond the yearly appraisals.
- You have the technical excellence at both a practical and strategic level and the ability to deal with macro and micro issues with equal enthusiasm and rigor.
- You have a perfect command of Excel and other Office software and you are a confident presenter.
Salary dependent on experience
Holidays 25 days (no increments)
Private Health Care Single cover after probationary period (excess: £100)
Life Assurance 4 x basic salary
Critical Illness 2 x basic salary (capped at £500k)
Income Protection 70% of basic salary (for 5 yr benefit period, no escalation)
Pension Entry to Aegis Group Pension Scheme after 3 month’s service
•2% employee contribution
•4% employers contribution
Sick Pay Remains discretionary
•Unpaid in probationary period and unpaid in notice
Gym membership Negotiated corporate rates (Voluntary Benefits)
Employee Assistance Programme
Childcare Vouchers Open to all on joining (cap)
Cycle to work scheme Open to all on joining
Eye Test Voucher
Give As You Earn Charity donations deducted by payroll
Voluntary benefit Access to Retail discount schemes with launch of online benefits
Hours of Work 9.00-5.30pm (37.5 hours p/wk) with one hour for lunch
About the Company
The Company at a Glance:
Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN) is Innovating the Way Brands Are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services.
With consumers more connected, through a range of devices, than ever before, the era of media convergence is presenting many opportunities as well as a new, complex media ecosystem. From identifying who the consumers are, to how they make their decisions, Dentsu Aegis Network and its brand businesses of Carat, Dentsu, Dentsu X, iProspect, Isobar, mcgarrybowen, Posterscope and Vizeum make the best use of today's media mix to bring to life the right communication strategy and deliver the best results for clients.
Our values define what is important to us and how we do business. They are a shared set of beliefs, which drive our behaviour and bind us together beyond individual brands and geographies. As Dentsu Network and Aegis Media came together to create Dentsu Aegis Network, we engaged with our people to identify the values which made sure we retained the best of our collective heritages, created the opportunities to collaborate with Dentsu Inc. and would be critical to the successful delivery of our new vision. Our values are:
Agile – we need to be nimble, quick and flexible, thinking and acting differently
Pioneering – we’re innovative, risk-taking self-starters, building an industry legacy
Ambitious – we have a trail-blazing and inquisitive culture where relentlessness and hunger are rewarded
Responsible – we take individual and collective responsibility for our thoughts and actions
Collaborative – we work together globally to deliver a consistent brand experience and partner together locally to provide the best client solution
Amplifi is the media investment arm of DAN. Designed for today’s era of convergence, Amplifi brings a consistent and global approach to paid for display media investment across all channel. Centred around trading, data management, media partnerships and real-time bidding, Amplifi is overseeing the investment of Carat, Vizeum, and Dentsu X globally.
This is a global role based in DANs’ London Headquarters at Regents Place, 10 Triton Street.