Junior Account Manager - Media Planning & Buying
The newly merged gyro UK business is unique in the gyro global network in that it has a media business, (formerly Interprise) of similar size to the creative business. This combined creative and media offering, backed by the scale and capabilities of Dentsu Aegis Network, makes gyro one of just a few agencies in the UK with a full service offer, and truly unique in the B2B space. With offices in both London and Manchester we are poised for rapid growth. We see a great opportunity to innovate within our strategy and media propositions.
Our ambition is that gyro:precision will become an all-encompassing and complementary set of capabilities built upon unique data insights, proprietary planning frameworks, analytical rigor, smart attribution models and highly efficient ad tech. Under gyro:precision we will include all measureable areas of the business, including but not limited to:
- Media planning and buying
- Demand generation, nurture and marketing automation
- Research and insights
- Campaign measurement and tracking
- Analytics incorporating data visualization, attribution modelling and econometrics
gyro is the Dentsu Aegis Network B2B specialist agency and represents clients internationally – as such B2B/International experience is preferable, however not essential if other skills, digital in particular, are strong.
This is a client facing Account Management role which will see the successful candidate taking the day-to-day lead role in a number of clients, but primarily within the tech team and Workplace by Facebook.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
COMMUNICATIONS PLANNING AND BUYING
The successful candidate will:
- Be comfortable owning a brief from end to end including client relationship management
- Have strong digital background with the ability to analyse data and make planning decisions accordingly
- Show an exceptional attention to detail for accurate reporting
- Manage systems for forecasting accurate spend and track progress
- Be able to build client presentations for quarterly reviews
- Feel comfortable leading weekly client conference calls and coordinating input various campaign activations to produce a single reporting view
- Accurately input bookings on relevant finance systems (DDS/Media Explorer experience advantageous, although training well be given)
- Ability to interrogate proposals and negotiate rates with key media partners
- Review client feedback and make optimization recommendations
- Must be able to review a brief and understand what the clients KPIs are and match to media/tactics
- Support the Account Manager in running multiple campaigns, adhering to budgets define campaigns and providing excellent client service
Client & Internal Relationships:
- Build trusting, collaborative relationships with colleagues both directly with your team, sister agencies and across the wider DAN network
- Establish and maintain communications process with your team and client contacts
- Be comfortable liaising with creative teams and external agencies where necessary
- Stay up to date client product portfolios
- Stay up to date with changes in the media landscape
- Ability to solve pacing/delivery issues where required
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience
- Media experience ideally in B2B/International, although not essential. Digital experience a must.
- Good communications/media planning and buying experience
- Client service experience
- Language skills desirable, although not essential
- Understanding of key research sources and digital tools (e.g. IPSOS IMS, Comsore, Integral, Omniture and Atlas)
- Knowledge of digital and offline media
- High-level proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
About the Company
We are a full-service global ideas shop.
We believe ideas that ignite emotions are ideas that ignite business decisions. That it’s not just about accurately hitting a target; it is about creating a moment with your customer. That moment when they receive the right information at the right time and they actually feel something, something positive. We are 700 creative minds strong, spread across continents, acting as one. United by a single mission: to create ideas that ignite.
In the UK, we are based out of London and Manchester, we love creative eclecticism.