Junior Payroll Administrator
The payroll team of any company is arguably the most important part of the business to ensure everyone is paid correctly and on time. We’re looking for someone to join our payroll team and learn all there is to know about what goes into ensuring this happens. You’ll assist in many of the administrative duties across the department to ensure successful and accurate monthly payroll processing.
Some of the core responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Collation of monthly Starter documents
- Season ticket loans
- P11d administration
- Point of contact for the payroll inbox and telephone queries
- To chase for missing employee information such as NI numbers, bank details etc.
- Copy document requests, payslips, P60’s, statement of earnings, and P11d’s
- To act as cover whilst Payroll Administrators are on leave
- Filing and archiving
- Monthly payroll drop in sessions
- Issuing on monthly payslips
Employee tax codes often change so it’s really important to review them on a regular basis, to ensure that staff are being taxed correctly and not left on the emergency code from day 1.
To work alongside Payroll Administrators and aid with the processing of maternity schedules, bonus input and checking as well as other payroll activities.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you’ll need to have a high attention to detail as people’s pay can be the most emotive topic for any employee. There’s also lots of reporting required so excel will be your best friend. Experience of working in a finance environment would be advantageous but not essential as we’re willing to train the right person.