Project Manager – Local Data Solutions (LDS)
The marketing world is in the midst of a revolution. Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cloud Platforms, Integrated Apps and the Internet of Things are changing how we work and introducing new roles into our industry.
Convergence, the new and emergent digital economy, and the digitisation of media have led to an explosion in data sources that can be made actionable for our clients and their brands.
Every time a consumer interacts or transacts with an advert, a piece of content, a brand or another consumer data describing the interaction is created.
Managed and activated well, data will drive better consumer insight, better targeting, greater personalisation, better understanding of effectiveness and ultimately better return on investment for the advertiser.
Local Data Solutions (LDS) - We recognise there won’t be a one size fits all solution to building this future and have developed a ‘Local Data Solutions’ approach which allows us to quickly deliver data platforms at a market or client level by leveraging a set of centrally developed resources including processes, technical architecture/documentation, framework vendor commercials and implementation plans.
We’re looking for an individual to project manage the roll-out of Local Data Solutions. The project manager will be responsible for the management of the end to end process of platform and product deployment working with our business and technology teams, centrally and in-country, and external partners to deliver multiple Local Data Solution deployments.
The role will report to the Programme Director - Data Strategy with ‘dotted lines’ to the business sponsor for Local Data Solutions and be based in London with the possibility of some international travel.
- Ensuring the deployment of Local Data Solutions across agreed markets on time and within budget, in accordance with the programme plan.
- Planning and designing project/s and proactively monitoring progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action.
- Facilitating the appointment of individuals to project teams.
- Utilising common resources and skills within the overall programme team.
- Managing communications with all stakeholders.
- Managing both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects.
- Managing risks to the project’s successful outcome.
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the project are identified or issues arise.
- Reporting the progress of the projects at regular intervals to market, regional and global leadership teams.
- Deputising for other members of the project team as required.
The Ideal Candidate
What we’re looking for
The individual appointed as project manager must have the necessary seniority to be able to take on the responsibilities associated with the role.
- Strong experience of implementing data/reporting initiatives in a fast moving sector.
- Experience of dealing with multiple markets on a daily basis.
- Experience of working with technology, commercial and legal functions.
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills including senior stakeholder management experience.
- The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project team.
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes including maintaining a risk register.
- Good knowledge of programme and project management methods including MSP and PRINCE2
- The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems.
- An understanding advertising media would be an advantage.
- Experience of working within highly regulated sectors (e.g. financial services, gaming) and dealing with personal/financial data preferred.
Competitive salary plus company benefits
About the Company
Dentsu Aegis Network
“However fast change is today, it is the slowest it will ever be as scalability, new models and critical mass impact everything. There are two conclusions driving our strategy as a business - The future belongs to the fast and data is the new currency of business.” Jerry Buhlmann, CEO Dentsu Aegis Network
Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN) is one of the world’s largest integrated marketing and media agencies. The use of data to underpin our activities is the most important capability for DAN to continue to invest in. As the world becomes 100% digital, and as we become a 100% digital business by 2020, introducing new roles and talent is a clear priority.
Our culture is driven by our vision and values – and we are introducing a data driven culture to ensure “data thinking” is a core component of our everyday work. We understand that talent rather than technology is one of the most important driving factors for competitive advantage.
Our future leadership is key, in order to enable the transformation towards a “100% Digital” network our leaders must play a pioneering, trail-blazing role to take the company forward, often in radically new ways or responding to an extraordinary pace of change that demands frequent and rapid adjustment.
We are investing in the very best talent to make sense of this data and would like to invite you to join us on this exciting journey.