As a Research Assistant within the Research & Strategy function, you will play a key role in developing/growing this capability. It is your role to help provide insight into consumer behaviour which will meet client objectives and to develop this way of thinking across the business. The team is committed to the principles of transparency, accountability, accuracy, insight and innovation using research data, customer records and desk research.
- Be intellectually curious about consumers to want to understand who they are, where they live, what they like doing and how we can reach them
- Proven interest in consumer research and media
- Good understanding of the media landscape, consumer trends and technology
- Confidence to express opinions, challenge and work in a pro-active rather than reactive way
- Generate detailed analysis from market or consumer data to identify trends that can be turned into compelling insight charts and documents
- Supporting Research, Strategic Planners and Client Service teams with expertise and analytical thinking on target audience analysis, market dynamics, consumer, competitor and media trends
- Strong presentation skills
- Help ensure and maximise the quality of all agency media research through strategic development of skills and operations
- Ensure 100% accuracy and display excellent attention to detail
- Deliver accurate and timely insight to stakeholders across the business
- Support the Research Team with their projects
- Build working relationships across departments and stakeholders to ensure insight is well communicated and understood
- Use desk top systems to generate insight regarding consumers and market categories
- Liaise with other departments to ensure that briefs are responded to in the most compelling way
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in market research would be an advantage but not essential
- Understanding of SPSS, TGI/YouGov, Hitwise an advantage but not essential
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and preferable Access
- Ability to communicate effectively with confidence on the phone and via email
- Must be educated to degree standard
Degree / qualification in market research, psychology or social sciences is preferable but not essential
In addition to a competitive salary we are committed to creating a great environment for all our employees. We offer everything you would expect from a large company – like 25 days’ holiday – and some things you wouldn't, like the opportunity to buy more holiday, flex your working hours and take 2 paid volunteering days each year to support charitable causes.
We also provide pension contributions, life assurance, free eye tests, season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, and a whole host of great local and national discounts from leading retailers that you’ll have access to as an employee.
About the Company
Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. With consumers more connected, through a range of devices, than ever before, the era of media convergence is presenting many opportunities as well as a new, complex media eco-system. From identifying who the consumers are, to how they make their decisions.
Dentsu Aegis Network is made up of nine global network brands - Carat, Dentsu, Dentsu media, iProspect, Isobar, mcgarrybowen, MKTG, Posterscope and Vizeum and supported by its specialist/multi-market brands. Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands Are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. Offering a distinctive and innovative range of products and services, Dentsu Aegis Network is headquartered in London and operates in 145 countries worldwide with over 30,000 dedicated specialists.
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.