Senior Manager - The StoryLab
Managers provide a layer of experience, accountability and innovation above our Exec powerhouses. They take on and lead with briefs and campaigns that are exceptional in terms of size/client/scope in order to safeguard income. Generating income is a greater focus on them than most Execs, so their proactivity is essential to the department ability to deliver income.
Managers ensure the output of their Execs and Assistants is of a high quality and has been checked against The Story Lab’s agenda, as well as acting as an initial point of escalation. All who meet them are impressed by their confidence and broad expertise, and cannot fail to be persuaded by their winning influence. Departmentally, they make noticeable contributions to the benefit of all Story Labbers.
What will you be doing?
- Billings and finance
- Ensuring all payment schedules, bookings, billings and tracking is entirely accurate on all campaigns they own and handle, and that their reports own and handle
- Understanding aged debt and unbilled and taking appropriate action to get them cleared
- Team status
- Providing clear and accurate updates whilst making real-time adjustments
- Rolling Forecast
- Able to forecast accurately for key clients
- Huddles – contributing to leading the efficiency of these regular gatherings
- Can be relied upon to ensure the relevant people are aware of their whereabouts, whilst also know where team Execs and Assistants are
- Awareness of all team targets and their importance, with foresight of action, plans to reach them
- Direct line management of team Execs and Assistants
- Supporting team leadership with rolling out new behaviours or contributing to requests by delegating
- Real-time overview of workloads across reports
- Supporting team in MAGIC and FUGS, embodying a sense of permission to switch things up. Showcasing best practice of running MAGIC sessions before briefing the market
- Stop Collab attendance
Client campaign responsibilities
- Ownership of client development plans for smaller clients and significant contribution to plans for larger clients
- Creation and maintenance of strong, senior Planner relationships in order to protect briefings and optimise conversion rates
- Briefs that may require Managers to play an Exec role
- Where a client has a difficult relationship and needs specific attention and handling in order turn them into an advocate
- Where there cannot be a risk of the brief not converting
- Where the budget is particularly significant
- Where the brief calls for a Lab opportunity
- Where the partner requires more experienced management
- Where the solution is particularly complex
- Managers should also be on hand for their Execs to check in on partner casting, content distribution, barter and Studio opportunities
- Directing project management
- Ensuring all Execs and Assistants are clear on what project management excellence looks like
- Setting the best possible example of project management
- Taking a wider overview of PR, case study and award entry potential
- Continuing to meet and build relationships with key senior media partners, honing key areas of ownership and expertise, and shaping how their offering benefits our business
- Communicating with authority and credibility at all times
- Adapting to feedback and developing understanding of own weaknesses, as well as building a clear understanding of Execs’ and Assistants’ strengths and development needs
- Ensuring client contacts are fully versed in our offering and regularly delivering inductions for new clients
- Support Senior Manager and AD in account management of key clients
- Regularly contributing to The Story Lab Weekly: an annual opinion piece and at least one campaign a quarter, in addition to editor responsibilities as coordinated by the rota
- Attending all weekly contact times:
- The Hump on Wednesdays
- The Cuddle on Wednesdays
- Friday Morning Huddle
- Making the most of opportunities to expand horizons by attending wider Amplifi and DAN events with our partners
- Taking a key effective role within their workstream, ideally leading on a key element to add value to the running of the department
- Proactively identifying opportunities for own Execs and Assistants
- Performing all Ambassador duties to outstanding media partner feedback
- Able to manage capacity and delegate accordingly in order to take on additional tasks as and when required
- New business – actively seeking to engage in pitches, leading our input on smaller pitches and playing a key role in larger one, all to outstanding feedback with a view to challenging our ways of working and becoming a regularly requested pitch team member of the future
- SLA Partners
- Prioritising SLA partners
- Cash to value
- Helping identify cash to value opportunities in Q4 and the following process
- Ensuring reports are briefing as barter from the first briefing for relevant clients. Helping drive barter target
- Always briefing Studio where relevant media owners are briefed – briefing them at the same time
- Driving team’s annual distribution billings target
- Ensuring every response has at least 30% distribution budget
- Attending Power Hours and shaping briefs
- Taking up the new media plan template 100% when it launches
- We offer everything you would expect a global corporation to provide including competitive pension plans, income protection, life assurance, critical illness cover and season ticket loan.
- We are committed to creating a great environment for all of our employees. As well as the little perks such as team days out, kitchens stocked with free fruit, teas and coffee in the office, we strongly support a work-life balance and encourage agile working across the business.
- Our working parents are eligible for up to 20 weeks paid leave, including dads and co-parents and we also offer lifestyle benefits such as corporate-rate gym membership, childcare vouchers and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) days to use working for charitable causes each year.
- You always get your birthday off and we have a great holiday allowance scheme allowing you to buy or sell holiday too!
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
If the above sounds like the perfect role for you then get in touch and hit apply