Service Transition Manager
Role: Service Transition Manager
Department: Group Technology
This is an exciting time to join Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN) as we focus on becoming a 100% digital economy business by 2020 through content, media and commerce. We are well placed to build capability, scale and sustainable growth as a high performance business. Our strategy is driven by our unique culture with one vision (to innovate the way brands are built), one set of values and a unique operating model which drives collaboration, client focus and attention.
The Group Technology operating model is based around a set of principles and a clear alignment to the Business strategy. Those core themes are formed around scalability, compliant and agile solutions and propagating a significant move to cloud. In view of that, DAN is in the process of moving to ServiceNow as its IT Service Management Platform, leveraging Identity management to be primary source of identity for its Stakeholders and transitioning services from datacentre to Cloud hosted solutions in the PaaS and IaaS space.
One of DAN Technologies operating principles is to continually improve its capability around M&A including due diligence and on-boarding with fuller integration and alignment of our offer with requirements. In 2016, DAN completed 46 acquisitions and investments globally. M&A is a core part of the DAN Business Strategy, enabling the organisation to accelerate that strategy, bringing new skills, new innovation and new talent.
The Group Technology function has been assessing what capabilities and structures it needs to deliver against that requirement and increase its capability (& maturity) in integration.
DAN is recruiting a Group Service Transition Manager to build, deliver and continually develop an ITIL aligned Service Management framework for Service Transition. It is a key role to support and lead the transition to a Service driven IT delivery function across Group Services.
The role will liaise between business owners, project managers, design teams, operations teams, and our partners / suppliers, communicating between all key stakeholders to ensure the smooth and successful implementation of new and changed services, executed to high quality standards.
The successful candidate will ensure Service Management Transition procedures are established and documented that align with ITIL best practice, and provide the capability to measure, and maintain performance of services post launch to promote continual improvement.
To lead and deliver transitions successfully, the Service Transition Manager will employ project management, business analysis and change management expertise.
The role will report into the Global Services Team in Technology. It is expected some travel will be required.
Build, deliver and run a Service Transition Framework across Group IT Services
- Ensure new Services have a fully developed end-to-end support structure, including Processes, SLAs, OLAs, KPIs, performance metrics and service monitoring commensurate with business requirements and priorities. Collaboration with Global Service Desk Lead is a fundamental part of this activity.
- Provide fully documented services, which are updated and maintained throughout the life of the service and are aligned to ITIL best practice
- Ensure that appropriate lifecycle resourcing, training, tooling, support and documentation is delivered with a formal project sign-off from all key stakeholders
- Ensure all operational support material is completed to a high standard by all relevant Design, Transition and Operations stakeholders
- Engage with projects to define and implement service acceptance criteria for both new and changing services
- Ensure effective decommissioning of services that are deemed `end of life` - to confirm the removal of operational facilities, ensuring any operational dependencies are effectively managed
- Support Project & Change Managers to ensure training requirements and any other non-functional requirements are defined and delivered against the agreed Service Acceptance Criteria
Oversee the integration pipeline for Group IT Services, ensuring each acquisition has a robust Transition plan, baselined against Business Service Catalogue, Service Design and architecture principles
- Analyse service options and relevant costs and risks, providing input into project plans, resource plans and project costs, supporting business case production
- Identify and resolve issues and associated constraints within service transition
- Ensure that IT and the customers have a clear and unambiguous understanding of the level of service to be delivered
- Work closely with the Transformation Team to drive standardization in how we technically deliver M&A Service integrations, how we plan and deliver in a portfolio against those integrations and what structures and processes need to exist to optimize the effectiveness of service transition
Develop and support Service Management governance practices
- Develop an effective gate keeper function that enables the Service Management governance group to ensure effective transfer to live operations in compliance with any service readiness processes for all new and changing services introduced via the project lifecycle
- Report to the Service Management governance group on service transition activities, risks, issues and transition breaches
Develop understanding of Service Management principles, in particular Service Transition, across stakeholders
- Develop a Service Transition network to embed Service Transition principles into Group IT Services
- Ensure that IT and customers have a clear and unambiguous understanding of the level of service to be delivered, both initially and as the service matures
- Develop effective guidance and communications
- Work in partnership with the Service Designer to influence design and transition practices throughout the service lifecycle
- Significant experience within service transition & service design
- ITIL Service Transition Certificate. Strong understanding of ITIL principles
- Degree level or equivalent IT professional
- Previous experience of working in a global business is essential
- Must have a clear and effective communication style with exceptional results focus
- Experience with ServiceNow, or a similar tool is preferable
- Service Catalogue experience is desirable
- Strong and demonstrable experience of working collaboratively with Global and Regional Stakeholders, including Outsourcing Partners
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Resilient, motivated, resourceful, focused, and innovative
- Talented at juggling multiple priorities
- An obsession with brilliant execution and being the best
- Comfortable working in a maturing environment
- Project Management experience desirable