Strategy & Insights - Associate Director
This role within the Edinburgh office requires a talented and inspirational individual to join a team who offer planning, research, insight generation and strategic thought leadership across the organisation.
Reporting to the Head of Strategy and Insights, this is a multi-faceted, fast-paced role where the Associate Director – Insights & Strategy will work with many internal stakeholders and clients. The role will be pivotal in assisting in the development of the strategic communications agenda for clients.
At Dentsu Aegis Network, insights, strategy and innovation are at the heart of everything we do. The successful candidate will work within the Strategy & Insights team to develop brilliant solutions for key clients within the group; using their audience insights, research, brand, market, consumer and media understandings to deliver exceptional business value.
As Associate Director - Insights & Strategy, you will work with multiple data sources to identify relevant information, such as insight data from audience segmentation and profiling, evaluating current strategies, assessing operating landscapes and markets, digital marketing trends and campaign performance into informative and engaging marketing recommendations.
You should be extremely capable across the board with a detailed knowledge of both online and offline environments, and move with ease between data, consumers and ideas. With an appetite for new learning this person will be seen by the agency as a trusted and valued partner for new business initiatives, clients and an integral part of the of the teams that support our clients.
- Accountable for the quality of consumer understanding, interrogating the role of brand and communications in consumer lives and culture using extensive client and industry consumer data.
- Experienced across several secondary research and planning sources including Kantar’s Target Group Index (TGI) YouGov consumer surveys, IPA Touch Points, Nielsen Ad Dynamix media monitoring tool and Experian, alongside a good working knowledge of agency research subscriptions such as Mintel and Foresight Factory.
- Supporting the Strategy and Client Service Teams with expertise and analytical thinking in audience profiling and analysis, market dynamics, competitor and media trends.
- Accountable for understanding, interpreting and distilling the core business insights and marketing objectives into communications briefs.
- Accountable for the development of communications strategies in collaboration with internal stakeholders and external partner agencies based on client business objectives, consumer understanding and a full knowledge of the media ecosystem.
- Leverages econometrics, business analytics and past campaign/competitive learnings to develop, refine and deliver media implementation guidelines.
- Provides support for our new business activities with innovative research solutions, consumer understanding, communications strategies and media planning to deliver impactful new business propositions.
- Be an integral, collaborative part of the pitch team from taking the brief to identifying research opportunities for cross sell, ability to design and manage all types of qualitative and quantitative research projects through to producing debrief material and debriefing to clients, managing supplier relationships, projects, budgets and dictating work briefs to market research agencies and have an awareness of supplier offerings and innovations in the market,
The Ideal Candidate
- Inquisitive nature for understanding consumers and markets.
- Strong understanding of different research methodologies and processes.
- Pre-existing industry knowledge with demonstrable experience of in-depth insights evaluation and generation from varying sources and systems.
- Persuasive presenter, comfortable making recommendations and delivering ideas.
- Excellent eye for detail with a high degree of numeracy and literacy.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a wider team.
- Excellent coordination skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
In addition to a competitive salary we are committed to creating a great environment for all our employees. We offer everything you would expect from a large company including 25 days holiday plus the opportunity to buy more holiday, flex your working hours and take 2 paid volunteering days each year to support charitable causes.
We also provide pension contributions, life assurance, free eye tests, season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, and a whole host of great local and national discounts from leading retailers that you’ll have access to as an employee.
About the Company
Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. With consumers more connected, through a range of devices, than ever before, the era of media convergence is presenting many opportunities as well as a new, complex media eco-system. From identifying who the consumers are, to how they make their decisions.
Dentsu Aegis Network is made up of nine global network brands - Carat, Dentsu, Dentsu media, iProspect, Isobar, mcgarrybowen, MKTG, Posterscope and Vizeum and supported by its specialist/multi-market brands. Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands Are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. Offering a distinctive and innovative range of products and services, Dentsu Aegis Network is headquartered in London and operates in 145 countries worldwide with over 30,000 dedicated specialists.
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.