2nd Line IT Support Engineer
Are you an enthusiastic IT Expert, who is passionate about providing outstanding support solutions and would love an extra day off for your birthday?!
Then you’ve come to the right place!
WHO ARE WE?
This is an exciting time to join Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN) as we focus on becoming a 100% digital economy business by 2020 through content, media and commerce. We are well placed to build capability, scale and sustainable growth as a high performance business. Our strategy is driven by our unique culture with one vision (to innovate the way brands are built), one set of values and a unique operating model which drives collaboration, client focus and attention.
WHAT’S THE JOB? WHAT WILL I ACTUALLY DO?
DAN are about to embark upon a number of exciting changes to our target operating model. The main purpose of the desktop Engineer role is to provide second-line level support to our global user base. Working with operational IT teams to strengthen our estate to build a supportable and sustainable environment for our infrastructure.
The Engineer will take ownership of situations, remotely supporting machines, documenting, automating and working with existing local IT teams to resolve issues.
Operating in a timely and professional manner, the engineer will be leading by example to other team members around getting involved (hands on) and assisting in conducting new advances in technology. Also demonstrating a clear ITIL framework, understanding to deliver great service to both internal and external customers
This is a dynamic and exciting role that will keep you on your toes!
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Investigates minor/medium size hardware and software problems and other requests for support and determines appropriate actions to be taken. Prioritises and follows up requests in accordance with agreed criteria. Take corrective action, under advice, to improve performance and to avoid problems arising. Liaise with apps and development teams to overcome known problems or further fulfill user requirements.
- Installs or removes hardware, using supplied installation instructions and tools; follows agreed standards, agreed plans, including where appropriate those for electrical work. Agrees the timing of the work with those affected, e.g. users, operations management. Reports details of all hardware items that have been installed and contributes to defining organisations standards of hardware.
- Investigates, diagnoses and resolves problems. Includes deciding on course of action, correcting malfunctions, and documenting results in accordance with agreed procedures, testing and verifying hardware and support peripherals to ensure that they meet specifications and requirements.
- Executes and interprets a supplied set of simple test cases using agreed methods and standards. Documents test failures and successes based on pre-determined criteria. Reports test results to project resources and/or other members of assigned application management teams in a clear and concise manner. Develops simple test cases based on detailed requirements documentation
- Participates with other members of the team in investigating and modelling business functions and processes using methodical and consistent techniques. Includes specifying information flows, processes/procedures and data objects that will meet business requirements. Includes taking part in client meetings and assist in presenting issues and solutions both orally and in writing. Assists colleagues and clients/users in defining acceptance tests for automated systems.
The Ideal Candidate
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
The ideal candidate will have experience working within the technical services sector. The candidate would be versed in ITIL processes and have spent several years specialising in supporting Windows and Mac platforms, desktop and infrastructure with a solid understanding of Networks.
As well as all the expected qualities of an experienced desktop support engineer the following skills are critical to the role:
- Good understanding of current Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop Operating systems. 2012 R2 /2016 - Windows 8.1/10 Support and management of Active Directory/DNS/DHCP
- Good understanding of ServiceNow, incident, request, knowledge, problem & change
- MS Office suite knowledge - MS 365 suite
- Good understanding of current Mac OS, NoMAD experience desirable
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Network troubleshooting, TCP/IP and general WAN/ LAN troubleshooting
- Experience of SCCM administration, packaging and deployment
- Experience of Casper high level administration
- Understanding of an Identity Management system – Okta experience desirable
- Exposure to Citrix desirable
- Willingness to want to aid in supporting all aspects of the IT service assisting other teams where required from servicedesk and support through to architectural design and implementation
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Able to develop good working relationships
- Strong organisation and planning skills with exposure to matrix management
- Ability to work as part of large team
About the Company
BUT… WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
We drive culture through our own employees, and are heavily-invested in creating an amazing place to work. With Global operations and 50k+ employees, there is unprecedented potential for career progression, with almost 75% of our roles being filled by internal promotions. You will have access to Dentsu Aegis’ training and development programmes, and work with not only cutting-edge technologies, but also with leaders in their field.
We are committed to creating a great place to work, so you’ll also get the little perks such as free toast in the morning, team days out, kitchen’s with free fruit, teas and coffee, 2 extra days’ holiday to get involved with charity work and you always get another day off for your birthday! But most importantly you’ll be part of a fun and collaborative team culture, and you will work in an environment where you are supported, and developed!
Like what you’ve read? Hit the “apply” button and let’s chat!
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
Dentsu Aegis Network