The Story Lab are looking for a creative and forward-thinking Account Director to join the global team here at Dentsu Aegis Network. You’ll combine your passion for brands with your experience working with creative talent and premium entertainment properties to bring our clients innovative best in class content and IP solutions.
The role of an Account Director at The Story Lab is a challenging, multi-faceted and exciting one, so you’ll need to be a first-class leader of people, confident when client-facing with the strong personality required to influence and sell in ideas as well as an assured commercial thinker who can bring a fresh approach to content creation and innovation for clients across multiple markets.
Our global clients include Huawei, Vans, Jaguar Land Rover, Kellogg’s & Philips so you’ll be working with some of the biggest, most innovative and forward-thinking global brands with extremely high expectations of us. You will also work closely with the format development and distribution team to identify new investment and partnership opportunities for our global clients. This is a unique opportunity to work with some of the best in the business and to grow your own skills and experience in this exciting discipline.
- Contribute interesting, creative & innovative ideas for content solutions that ultimately deliver business value for our global clients
- Oversee delivery of numerous complex multi-market campaigns for your clients from concept through activation.
- Take responsibility for the output of the team, ensuring that we maintain the highest standard of quality in all aspects of campaign delivery including monitoring and reporting of specific targets and KPI’s
- Manage, influence and lead remote teams and stakeholders in multiple markets around a project task, often working to different time zones.
- Accurately forecast, track and control resource requirements by account
- Build and maintain credible relationships with clients, media owners, rights holders and other stakeholders at a senior level
- Ability to effectively negotiate, evaluate and maximise partnership opportunities on behalf of clients
- Employ commercial thinking and networking abilities to drive collaboration across the business pulling on products and services within the team and within Dentsu Aegis Network to deliver best in class content solutions
- Work closely with partners, format development and distribution teams to identify interesting investment and partnership opportunities for your clients
- Nurture, develop and mentor a passionate and enthusiastic team and enable them to deliver against business targets and personal objectives.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have 8-10 years’ experience delivering innovative content solutions and partnerships for brands/clients across multiple channels and industries. Ideally across multiple markets, but not necessarily in a media agency environment. Experience and interest creative industries including (but not limited to) entertainment, fashion and art & design is preferred.
You are organised and numerate with great attention to detail and proficient in project management and production and development of premium entertainment content. Entrepreneurial and commercially aware you are always looking for the next exciting project and able to find, create and develop opportunities. Creative, passionate and articulate, you are able to clearly explain and excite clients about complex new ideas and you can hold you own and build consensus with high-level stakeholders and clients up to global CMOs and CEOs
Knowledge of the media landscape and related creative and distribution solutions is preferred.
Essential Personal Attributes
Company benefits include
Annual holiday (25 days)
Healthcare Cash Plan
Critical Illness Cover
Pension (4% Company Contribution)
Life Assurance (4 x salary)
Partner Life Assurance
Financial Education Tool
Income Protection (70% of salary)
Cycle to Work
Holiday Buy & Sell
Give As You Earn
Birthday Day Off
About the Company
Introduction to The Story Lab
The Story Lab (TSL) is Dentsu Aegis Network’s premium entertainment content business. Its mission has always been to become the most innovative global investor, producer and distributor of premium entertainment content properties that attract audiences, media owners and advertisers.
Since 2015, it has expanded its footprint to 20 markets, attracted more than 250 entertainment and marketing professionals, invested in its own slate of premium entertainment content rights and has also produced and exec produced hundreds of hours of brand entertainment.
Dentsu Aegis Network