Associate Finance Assistant
gyro is a Global Ideas Shop. We are 600 creative minds strong, united by a single mission: to produce ideas that are humanly relevant.
We bring together a myriad of talents, including visionaries, artists, strategists and experts across a range of disciplines, to fulfil this mission for our clients. We are bound by our core beliefs in open thinking, the desire to embrace change and the belief that great ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. We call this unconventional culture UNO. It celebrates inspiration, collaboration and mutual respect and it is what defines us.
As a vital part of gyro, you’ll be comfortable building the kind of closeness with others that means you know the punch lines to each other’s jokes, what everyone’s favourite pizza is and quite possibly share the stories that you shouldn’t. You will smile, even when it’s tough because you know you are not alone. We talk to each other, we work together and we share all the challenges and triumphs a creative life brings.
This is Uno.
If you choose to join us, this is what you will do while you are here:
- Provide support and assistance in the recording and retrieval of the financial details of the company including maintaining financial records, accurately processing payments & receipts and assisting colleagues with any other adhoc finance request
- Support the Financial Controller and other members of the Finance team within the group
- Timely & accurate management of purchase & sales ledger to include:
- Matching of supplier invoices to statements, purchase orders to invoices and ensuring payables are managed and paid in line with gyro policy
- Accurate reconciliation of supplier statements
- Assist in the drafting of sales invoices
- Review and reconciliation of receivable balances and liaising with client finance to ensure timely collection
- Accurate posting of multi-currency cash book transactions
- Prepare weekly bank reconciliations for Financial Controller review
- Accurate posting and reconciliation of company credit card statements
- Input accounting data into the accounting system with speed and accuracy and ensuring Paprika is kept up to date at all times and reconciled monthly
- Assist in the production of P&P reporting as required and ensuring the information supplied is accurate and up to date
- Ensure all data is up to date for hard close at month end for management reporting
- Be a champion of Paprika and assist all personnel in maximising their usage of the system
- Understand fully our financial processes and procedures and ensuring compliance by everyone
- Assist in adhoc working – preparation of spreadsheets, reports and correspondence as required
- Plan, organise and manage own workload to ensure your contribution to the company’s monthly financial reporting process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure resolution of finance related queries in a professional manner
- Assist with end of year preparation and analysis
- Provide financial support to team members
- Work across multiple agencies as required
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who will bring:
- Basic understanding of accounting processes and procedures
- Confidence with your Excel skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines
- Ability to work in a busy office environment that often demands high levels of concentration
- Ability to respond effectively to changing priorities
- Ability to manage high volume workload
- Professionalism in your approach
- Ability to work effectively with minimal management guidance/supervision
- Good analytical ability
- Finance system used is Paprika and full training would be provided
We offer everything you would expect a global corporation to provide including competitive pension plans, income protection, life assurance, critical illness cover and season ticket loan. We are committed to creating a great environment for all of our employees. As well as the little perks such as team days out, kitchens stocked with free fruit, teas and coffee in the office, we strongly support a work-life balance and encourage agile working across the business. Our working parents are eligible for up to 20 weeks paid leave, including dads and co-parents and we also offer lifestyle benefits such as corporate-rate gym membership, childcare vouchers and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) days to use working for charitable causes each year. You always get your birthday off and we have a great holiday allowance scheme allowing you to buy or sell holiday too!
About the Company
About the Company
Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. With consumers more connected, through a range of devices, than ever before, the era of media convergence is presenting many opportunities as well as a new, complex media eco-system. From identifying who the consumers are, to how they make their decisions.
Dentsu Aegis Network is made up of nine global network brands - Carat, Dentsu, Dentsu media, iProspect, Isobar, mcgarrybowen, MKTG, Posterscope and Vizeum and supported by its specialist/multi-market brands. Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands Are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. Offering a distinctive and innovative range of products and services, Dentsu Aegis Network is headquartered in London and operates in 145 countries worldwide with over 30,000 dedicated specialists.
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
Dentsu Aegis Network