Associate Planning Director
Who are we?
Carat’s mission is to Redefine Media. We achieve better business outcomes for our clients through the command of media convergence. Established in 1968 as the world’s first media agency, Carat is part of Dentsu Aegis Network, the global communications network, Innovating the Way Brands Are Built. Consistently at the top of RECMA’s Global Qualitative Evaluation ranking, Carat serves clients in 150 countries via a network of more than 9,000 talented staff.
Here at Carat our people are put first; working from a beautiful open-plan office based a stone’s throw from Regent’s Park which is surrounded by cafés and restaurants, so you’re never short of something to get for lunch.
What's the job?
Here at Carat we are looking for an Associate Planning Director to join our adidas team!
For more than 80 years, the adidas Group has been part of the world of sports on every level, delivering state-of-the-art sports footwear, apparel and accessories. Today, the adidas Group is a global leader in the sporting goods industry and offers a broad portfolio of products that are available in virtually every country of the world. It is a flagship global Carat client and we have the business in 60+ markets. Carat plays a leading role in developing the strategic communications approach, building the media plans including planning and delivering creative and tactical campaigns and providing on going market and competitive insight to clients.
The Associate Planning Director will work closely with the Associate Client Directors and take ownership of the planning product for clients within the group.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Be responsible ultimately for delivering business value to our clients through media strategy.
- Through the provision of insight, innovation, and perspective, become a key member of the client’s team.
- Based on business needs (clients, new business, trade media, Carat’s own brand strategy) develop inspiring pieces of thinking which, over time, position Carat as the industry’s thought leader.
- Work closely with other Strategists and members of the Insight, Digital and Innovation teams to find new ways of understanding and predicting behaviour, and productising them.
- Work closely with Carat local Strategy teams to coach them, and bring them up to consistent levels of excellence around the world. Work to make “Strategy from Carat” distinctive, compelling, and profitable
- Be the lead to deliver best in class global media strategy across various adidas category clients
- Deliver thought leadership that will drive the media agenda for adidas across the next 12/18 months
- Develop and drive the Carat adidas strategic community across our local markets
- Work closely with our key creative partners to deliver media neutral thinking and ideas to our key adidas global clients
The Ideal Candidate
- You will need to be an experienced media planner who is looking to specialise into a more focussed planning role
- Be confident using thorough consumer and media understanding to deliver business value for their clients
- Be motivated by working closely with clients in order to push media up the business agenda
- Be capable across the board, moving with ease between data, consumers and ideas
- Have an appetite for new learning and driving change this person will be a trusted partner for mid-level clients and a strong voice for planning excellence amongst the team
- Inspiring, yet practical
- Self-driven, yet an inherent team player.
- Embraces profitable change, growth and development
- Strong understanding of the changing role of media in brand development, particularly digital and social media
- Ambitious and committed!
But, what can we offer you?!
Our agency drives culture through our own employees, with clearly set objectives there is unprecedented potential for career progression, with almost 75% of our roles being filled by internal promotions. You will have access to Dentsu Aegis’ training and development programmes, you’ll work closely with the world’s biggest media partners to access exclusive features and products (tier one partnerships with Google, Facebook and Twitter!)
We are committed to creating a great place to work, so you’ll also get the little perks such as free toast in the morning, team days out, kitchens with free fruit, teas and coffee, 2 extra days’ holiday to get involved with charity work and you always get another day off for your birthday! But most importantly you’ll be part of a fun and collaborative team culture, and you will work in an environment where you are supported, pushed and developed!
Like what you've read? Hit the "apply" buton, and let's chat!
Dentsu Aegis Network