Business Development Director, EMEA
The purpose of the role is to lead EMEA resources and intelligence around designated Dentsu Aegis Network new business pitches within the EMEA region to maximise the conversion of new business opportunities. These are principally media-related opportunities, but will need to draw upon the full resources of the Dentsu Aegis Network. The role will also be a major support to key local market opportunities, as they seek to attack knowledge from other markets. Extending accounts held in one market into a European solution is also a key part of the role.
In addition, the role has as a core purpose to build a sustainable new business pipeline through rigorous networking and prospecting. The Business Development Director will also help market our media brands to clients, prospects, journalists and the wider industry.
The role leverages the business development capability in the wider network in two ways:
- Through integration of the role in the global (Carat) business development team, the Carat Global business development talent infrastructure can be used/leveraged for EMEA pitches.
- Through activation of the local business development talent infrastructure in key EMEA markets, building on the principles and processes of the Growth Platform.
- Leads pitch orchestration (requests for Information, pre-pitch and pitch)
- Defines clear and effective process for running new business pitches (pitch leadership, casting, strategy, process and presentation)
- Leads certain pitches (according to size/complexity)
- Leads and activates the EMEA business development talent infrastructure in local EMEA markets on pitches and aligns markets through best practice, tools, platforms and training as per the Growth Platform
- Holds and manages New Business budget
- Manage business development resources effectively across the region on pitches and structurally / beyond
- Draws up a plan to achieve new business targets in line with the overarching business strategy for Dentsu Aegis Network media brands and EMEA
- Develops New Business Prospecting Plan, list and contact strategy
- Works in close collaboration with Creative Services to optimise creative solutions for each pitch
- Ensures Dentsu Aegis Network EMEA learns from each pitch, recycling successes and near misses effectively
The Ideal Candidate
· Extensive New Business experience
· Ability to work and deliver projects in a matrix structure
· Understanding of Dentsu Aegis technical products and business units
· Creative and technical writing to craft our new business pitches
· Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
· Experience of database management
· Knowledge of best practice Business to Business marketing techniques
· Knowledge of PR/Social Media engagement
· Project management
· Well-organised and thrives under pressure in meeting strict deadlines
· Diplomatic, able to develop strong relationships with key network stakeholders at all levels within the business Capable of picking up projects and running with them
· Ambitious self-starter, able to spot ideas and inspiration
· English capability is essential (written and verbal) second European languages desirable, but not essential
· Flexibility to travel at short notice if required
· Inspiring influencer
About the Company
Dentsu Aegis Network is the first truly global communications network built for the digital age.
Through our ten global network brands (Carat, Dentsu, Dentsu media, iProspect, Isobar, mcgarrybowen, Posterscope , Vizeum, Merkle and MKTG) and supported by our global investment management business (Amplifi and Amnet), our Operating Model empowers many of the world’s largest advertisers with a uniquely agile communications service solution.
Supported by our specialist/multi-market brands including, Data2Decisions, Mitchell Communications (PR) and 360i the Dentsu Aegis Network affords access to best-in-class expertise and capabilities in brand, media, digital, data and creative communications services through our unique and integrated approach.
Our company values are: Agile, Pioneering, Ambitious, Responsible and Collaborative.
Dentsu Aegis Network