We are looking for a Client Director to join our amazing team. Working across one of our biggest client’s. As Client Director, you will be reporting into the Managing Partner. You aim will be to help service our client and to help drive growth and overall performance of the agency.
The overall purpose of the role is to effectively manage the company’s relationships with our client’s prospects and help ensure the company delivers its financial and strategic objectives.
- Owns relationships with central Group clients and Regional Marketing Managers on a day-to-day basis, and their partner agencies, and acts as a point of escalation for Group contacts and across all divisions
- Proactively builds indirect client relationships where and when required
- Immerses self and team in clients’ business: understanding their challenges, objectives, the external economic environment, markets they operate in, competitive threats and relevant partner agencies; knows their business model, how it is performing and what success looks like
- Leads annual media budget planning and strategy using historic channel performance, and works with Data2Decisions to develop client forecasts
- Manages client budgets on an ongoing basis and tracks performance vs. forecast
- Leads reactive media response strategy when client business performance requires, and identifies new opportunities to drive incremental lead volume
- Owns relationships with property portal media owners, establishing excellent working relationships to ensure effective and innovative response to new briefs often requiring fast delivery
- Has a sound understanding of client business objectives, and leads on projects that will deliver against these to drive innovation and growth
- Works with GBD to help future-proof our products/services and drive consideration of future strategies within clients business
- Oversees ongoing client campaign deliverables, supporting the Client Service Managers on the coordination with the necessary media owners
- Coordinates monthly client performance review documents and any other material required for adhoc meetings
- Manages client audits, working closely with investment teams and clients’ independent auditor Longhurst
- Manages bi-annual client Group and London econometric modelling projects, working closely with the analytics team aligning deliverables to client business requirements
- Oversees all billings and debtors and acts as point of escalation in resolving debt across accounts
- Currently managing the rollout of an Insight replacement system Oversees channel strategy, and supports client service channel champions on a day-to-day basis in the delivery of investment requests
- Has strong working relationships with investment teams, ensuring that we continue to drive quality and efficiency in order to deliver against client KPIs and attain client satisfaction
- Has a deep understanding of internal processes, campaign setup, tracking requirements and limitations, and provides solutions when faced with challenges unique to the client campaign setup
- Confidently uses all data reporting tools and analytics, interprets/reports the data and insights accordingly, and challenges anomalies
- Manages Client Service team resource and provides ongoing support on a day-to-day basis, both from an internal and external perspective, ensuring they build strong relationships with their counterparts
- Identifies skill/knowledge gaps within the client service team and delivers development plans for all team members every 3 months
- Has a deep understanding of client contractual requirements
- Works with GBD to ensure internal forecasting is delivered accurately
The Ideal Candidate
• Ability to understand commercial terms within contracts
• Creation of commercially sound business plans
• Good understanding of a wide variety of media channels, digital concepts, services and market trends
• Able to analyse data and identify and rationalise conclusions which underpin innovative strategic thinking
• Ability to own the senior level relationship
• Ability to contribute to driving the brand forward at Board level
• Strong people management and leaderships skills
• Understands and can talk comfortably to client about all aspects of the business
In addition to a competitive salary we are committed to creating a great environment for all our employees. We offer everything you would expect from a large company including 25 days holiday plus the opportunity to buy more holiday, flex your working hours and take 2 paid volunteering days each year to support charitable causes.
We also provide pension contributions, life assurance, free eye tests, season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, and a whole host of great local and national discounts from leading retailers that you’ll have access to as an employee.
About the Company
Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. With consumers more connected, through a range of devices, than ever before, the era of media convergence is presenting many opportunities as well as a new, complex media eco-system. From identifying who the consumers are, to how they make their decisions.
Dentsu Aegis Network is made up of nine global network brands - Carat, Dentsu, Dentsu media, iProspect, Isobar, mcgarrybowen, MKTG, Posterscope and Vizeum and supported by its specialist/multi-market brands. Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands Are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. Offering a distinctive and innovative range of products and services, Dentsu Aegis Network is headquartered in London and operates in 145 countries worldwide with over 30,000 dedicated specialists.
Carat Manchester, is the largest media agency outside of London, and is part of the fastest growing global media group. Representing the whole of the agency to our clients your role demands impressive collaboration skills as well as the agility to add value across the 20+ channels we manage on behalf of our clients. Having an ambitious attitude will see you thrive. We share our passion for media with our clients, so they know they can trust us to keep them at cutting edge of the industry and deliver pioneering media campaigns.
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
Dentsu Aegis Network