Commercial Delivery Director (Manchester, Leeds or Edinburgh based)
We have an exciting opportunity in our Media Trading team for a Commercial Delivery Director.
We will consider people for this role in Leeds, Manchester or Edinburgh.
We are looking confident leader of teams who will be responsible for all commercial delivery across Amplifi & Amnet. With a passion for media and a focus on digital, you will be able to communicate and influence through new ideas to clients. You will demonstrate excellent commercial understanding, to drive best in class pricing and innovative media solutions and to drive income.
- To understand market conditions, and spot underlying trends that give us the edge in a competitive market
- Identifying & delivering opportunities for revenue growth across all channels
- Ownership of the relationship with media owners and auditors to ensure we understand market costs and pool positions
- Seek innovative ways to improve commercial terms, work with partners to drive new commercial trading models
- Setting trading and activation best practice and delivering consistently of standards across the teams, working in collaboration with the all teams
- Working with the ‘Heads of’ to identify the next innovation in your channel and capitalise on this with market leading solutions
- Drive and nurture the relationships with all third-party support services to ensure all workflows lead to efficiencies, high standards, and accuracy
- Coordinating/developing/delivering annual channel forecasts • Monitor & maintain AmplifiP&L, feeding into the Commercial Development Director
- Work collaboratively with counterparts in other offices to ensure DAN North achieves proration share of value
- Manage all client guarantees, closely monitoring to ensure delivery and maximisation of income via PRFs
- Management and coordination of all new business pricing across all DAN North offices
- Build strong relationships with all auditors to manage and understand the differences in pool composition
- Understand legal/compliance in relation to client contracts & media owner deals
- To be accountable for the management and effective use of ‘value’ across all DAN North offices
- Management of our OOH relationship and how to manage value/relationship across DAN North offices
The Ideal Candidate
- Has strong relationships with Publishers, Media Owners, and actively identifies new potential partners
- Uses market knowledge to deliver all core audit metrics to deliver against targets
- Reviews, appraisals, feedback, development plans happen in a timely manner for all team members and information is utilised to make sound career decisions
- Develop and growth of junior members of the commercial team
- Effectively leads the team, building and maintain strong working relationships
- Pre-empts issues & pro-actively produces solutions which engage all stakeholders
- Able to work under pressure and adapt the plan, on multiple tasks and with time-critical deadline
- Strong cross-media knowledge
- Proven track record in commercial growth, demonstrated through excellent negotiation skills
In addition to a competitive salary, we are committed to creating a great environment for all our employees. We offer everything you would expect from a large company including 25 days holiday plus the opportunity to buy more holiday, flex your working hours and take 2 paid volunteering days each year to support charitable causes.
We also provide pension contributions, life assurance, free eye tests, season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, and a whole host of great local and national discounts from leading retailers that you’ll have access to as an employee.
About the Company
Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. With consumers more connected, through a range of devices, than ever before, the era of media convergence is presenting many opportunities as well as a new, complex media eco-system. From identifying who the consumers are, to how they make their decisions.
Dentsu Aegis Network is made up of nine global network brands - Carat, Dentsu, Dentsu media, iProspect, Isobar, mcgarrybowen, MKTG, Posterscope and Vizeum and supported by its specialist/multi-market brands. Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands Are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. Offering a distinctive and innovative range of products and services, Dentsu Aegis Network is headquartered in London and operates in 145 countries worldwide with over 30,000 dedicated specialists.
Amplifi is the media investment arm of Dentsu Aegis Network. The core objective of Amplifi is to deliver efficient trading along with strategic & innovative media solutions, whilst embracing the changing world of media. Working closely with our media partners to ensure a point of difference vs the market; to be the media agency of choice. It is pivotal that we are agile, pioneering and collaborative to ensure we deliver innovative and strategic thinking whilst maintaining commerciality. As part of your performance discussions, you and your manager should agree which will most enable you to deliver your objectives
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
Dentsu Aegis Network