Data Protection and Compliance Officer
The successful Data Protection & Compliance Assistant will support the EMEA Data Protection Officer and the EMEA Ethics & Compliance Director with reviewing, monitoring and communicating all data protection and compliance policies, procedures and guidelines. This is a high-visibility role, in which you will be a key member of the team, while also having a high level of autonomy in your day-to-day work.
We’re building something new in a very fast paced space, and we need an enthusiastic and proactive Data Protection & Compliance Assistant to help us navigate it. You will have the opportunity to help take DAN’s compliance program to the next level and contribute to the implementation of new initiatives within DAN EMEA.
- Be the first point of contact within EMEA for data protection & compliance queries, escalating as necessary.
- Help to provide advice to the management team on requirements and best practice.
- Work across the business to develop compliance procedures and controls and to conduct periodic internal reviews to ensure that compliance procedures are followed
- Maintain documentation of all data protection & compliance activities, as required in respect of legislative, regulatory and governance requirements that may affect the company.
- Ensure compliance with Data Protection legislation, liaising with the company’s other Data Protection Officers and Managers in local markets.
- Help to manage the company’s risk management framework within EMEA and liaise with Risk and Audit about the outcomes.
- Prepare management reports on data protection & compliance matters and progress.
- Provide employee training on data protection & compliance related topics, policies, or procedures.
The Successful Applicant is likely to have the following:
- Will probably have gained at least 1 years experience within the compliance function.
- Will have some understanding of general compliance and data protection regulation and are looking to enhance this.
- Will have some experience in compliance processes and how to implement them
- Will have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
Our values and behaviours:
Agile – Anticipate business needs, continuous process improvement, be flexible whilst maintain high standards
Pioneering – Being constantly curious, be bold in challenging the status quo, support a culture of openness
Ambitious – Strive for excellence, drive hard to achieve, learn from experiences
Responsible – Uphold the highest levels of integrity, lead by example, be courageous in raining concerns
Collaborative – Operate as one finance team locally and globally by sharing best practice and following standard practices and processes
What you’ll get from us:
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to pursue a career in Compliance and is keen to learn more about Risk and Compliance.
Dentsu Aegis Network is a fantastic place to work with many great benefits on offer including 25 days’ annual holiday, Cycle to Work Scheme, and get your Birthday day off!
Not only is it an incredibly fun place to work but as part of a multinational organisation there are many opportunities to advance your career once you have proven yourself.
So, how do you apply?
If you feel this role could be what you are looking for please send across your CV or LinkedIn profile.
Inclusion & Diversity
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
Dentsu Aegis Network