EMEA Regional Compliance Director
EMEA Regional Compliance Director
The purpose of this role is to contribute to the planning, development, execution and overall management of the DAN compliance programme in EMEA, as well as assessing and managing business risks and adoption of DAN policies and procedures.
The role reports to the Group Compliance Director with a dotted line to the EMEA General Counsel.
Overall responsibility for delivering compliance programme in EMEA
- Assist with the roll out of global compliance programme and implementation, including the tracking of specific projects and initiatives across multiple countries within EMEA.
- Promote compliance initiatives across the business, working with Group Compliance and across other functions, as well as senior management, to identify, investigate and resolve compliance issues, as appropriate.
- Promote a greater understanding of company compliance systems and procedures through a comprehensive training and awareness programme.
- Interface with internal and external resources to stay informed of legislative and regulatory developments, affecting global and regional compliance initiatives.
1. Tone from the top
- Ensure that there is consistent and regular messaging from senior leadership at both the regional and market level regarding the DAN compliance programme.
- Group messages are tailored and cascaded to local markets
- Liaise with local Communications team to develop a regional compliance communications plan
- Manage compliance certification of all CEOs, CFOs and members of regional management.
2. Policies and Procedures
- Support the Group Compliance team in the roll out of Group policies and assist with policy training initiatives.
- Monitor and update compliance policies and procedures to meet legal, government, industry and/or company requirements and standards of best practice.
- Provide feedback to Group Compliance on the local implementation of policies and procedures
- Suggest process and procedure improvements
3. Training and Awareness
- Roll out eLearning in local markets, as required.
- Reinforce compliance among senior management in each country through live training at summits, town halls and key forums.
- Ensure that compliance is included in local HR induction processes.
- Contribute to Group-led compliance communications, e.g. quarterly newsletter
- Working with Internal Audit, conduct a regional and local compliance risk assessment.
- Ensure SpeakUP! is promoted in each market.
- SafeCall SpeakUP! posters made available in each office
- Promote SpeakUP! through compliance training and communications
Third party due diligence
- Oversee the implementation of the third party due diligence process in the region
- Third parties should undergo ABC and sanctions screening
- Complete due diligence in connection with M&A and other corporate/commercial relationships.
Gifts & Hospitality, Charitable Donations
- Review regional Gifts & Hospitality and Charitable Donations submissions
Global Contract compliance
- Monitor local compliance with Global contracts and liaise with the Contract Compliance team to ensure adherence with DANs contract obligations.
- Assist with global client audits, as required.
- Support designated local management responsible for the integration of newly acquired businesses
- Liaise with integration lead
- Provide policies and training
- Ensure compliance champion is in place
- Assist in the remediation of issues identified during the acquisition process and in the roll out of DAN policies and procedures.
- Oversee Affiliates integration
- Manage the annual affiliate certification process for EMEA
- Monitor for adverse media related to the affiliates
- Respond to ABC questionnaires from potential clients and in other procurement/tender scenarios.
- Provide compliance guidance to regional and local pitches
- Track compliance KPIs
- Monthly eLearning completion statistics
- Gifts & Hospitality submissions
- Completed due diligence checks
- Completed M&A integrations
- Report on compliance KPIs to local and regional management and respond to any requests for compliance data.
- Collate and analyse Working Group minutes
- Provides support on internal investigations in EMEA on an ad hoc basis
- Oversee the remediation of issues identified and put in preventative measures to mitigate reoccurrence.
- Experience in risk management and developing and managing compliance programmes, including the drafting of policies and procedures, creating and organising training, leading internal investigations, writing internal investigation reports and dealing with regulatory authorities
- Experience of senior stakeholder management in a previous legal, risk or compliance role.
- Project management
- Global change initiatives
- Relevant qualifications will be an advantage, e.g. accountancy, legal, compliance
- Strong experience and knowledge of risk, compliance or legal experience, preferable in advertising, media or technology or professional services company
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven leadership ability experience of managing others
- Proven ability to interact with people at all levels of an organisation, fostering strong cross-functional teamwork and results
- Strategic thinking ability with balanced analytical and creative approach
Dentsu Aegis Network