We are currently looking for an Editorial Manager to oversee content management as part of our digital performance brand iProspect. We are looking for a candidate with a flair for writing engaging content and a keen eye for grammar and detail. The skills and experience to create and deliver effective content strategies for a wide range of clients is vital.
Based in our bustling and friendly office in the centre of Manchester, you will ensure and oversee the quality of all content produced by your team. Through management of a small team of content writers and a network of freelancers, your goal is to deliver the editorial requirements across the agency for some of the UK’s most well-known brands. You will work closely with many of the agency’s onsite teams, including SEO, Social, Design and PR to ensure content is driving the greatest performance for their respective channels and KPIs.
This role would be perfect for someone who has a background in content creation or journalism and is keen to make the next step up in their career, developing in role and gaining valuable experience along the way.
- Lead the content strategy and planning for our major clients, ensuring all content conforms to agency best practice
- Critically analyse briefs and manage workflow to ensure we’re delivering to the highest standard, on time and meeting the client’s goals
- Ensure deadlines are met, actively working on campaigns where necessary.
- Understand the content requirements across iProspect and build products that deliver for them
- Stay up to speed with digital content trends within the industry
- To lead, support and develop the talent of your Editorial Team
- Manage all commercial decisions across your team
- Identify and implement training and development of the team, supporting others to line manage and enable all to reach their potential.
- Act as the owner or strategic driver of our editorial output, leading with all core clients
The Ideal Candidate
- Significant experience in producing content
- Confident, highly organised and able to develop accurate timing plans
- An experienced team manager who can get the most from your team
- Has an understanding of agency environments
- A high degree of literacy
- Able to work under pressure and adapt the plan, on multiple tasks and with time critical deadlines
- Ability to pre-empt macro issues and challenges to be pro-active in producing solutions
- Ability to implement processes and ways of working across teams
- Highly skilled in creative thinking & problem solving, with a keen eye to attention to detail
In addition to a competitive salary we are committed to creating a great environment for all our employees. We offer everything you would expect from a large company including 25 days holiday plus the opportunity to buy more holiday, flex your working hours and take 2 paid volunteering days each year to support charitable causes.
We also provide pension contributions, life assurance, free eye tests, season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, and a whole host of great local and national discounts from leading retailers that you’ll have access to as an employee.
About the Company
Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. With consumers more connected, through a range of devices, than ever before, the era of media convergence is presenting many opportunities as well as a new, complex media eco-system. From identifying who the consumers are, to how they make their decisions.
Dentsu Aegis Network is made up of nine global network brands - Carat, Dentsu, Dentsu media, iProspect, Isobar, mcgarrybowen, MKTG, Posterscope and Vizeum and supported by its specialist/multi-market brands. Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands Are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. Offering a distinctive and innovative range of products and services, Dentsu Aegis Network is headquartered in London and operates in 145 countries worldwide with over 30,000 dedicated specialists.
iProspect is a global, award-winning marketing agency that drives digital performance for many of the world’s largest brands. A trusted partner with an in-depth understanding of consumer behaviour, iProspect reshapes brand strategies to meet the fast-paced demands of the convergent world with a focus on exceeding the client’s business objectives. iProspect delivers personal, adaptive and valuable digital experiences utilising proprietary solutions including: paid and natural search, content generation, data & insights, social media, structured data and feeds, performance display, conversion optimisation and affiliates.
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
Dentsu Aegis Network