Finance Analyst – Global Operations, Cyber & Central IT
The role will work within the Technology Finance function of 6 people and support the Finance Manager for the reporting and analysis of the Global Operations, Cyber and Central IT P&L’s.
Key activities include accounting, forecasting and budgeting for department spend of circa £60million financial analysis & modelling.
This is an important role within the Finance function which provides financial business partnering and decision support to stakeholders to ensure that their strategic and operational goals are delivered. In addition, the role will work closely with the procurement team providing financial and commercial support.
Analysis & Reporting
- Responsible for the initial preparation of monthly management accounts including headcount and balance sheet for review by financial manager prior to reporting position to finance director and business, providing high quality reporting and commentary on variances vs latest baseline.
- Supporting the finance manager in the construction of detailed budgeting/forecasting for all costs by category of spend and presentation of latest baseline to CIO Global Operations and Finance Director.
- Assisting with Financial modelling, creation and tracking of business case and investment proposals for Global Operations.
- Providing financial insight to key stakeholders enabling timely decision making on current operations and investment proposals.
- Produce financial metrics, analysis and ad-hoc reports.
- Ensure appropriate controls and governance requirements are met.
- Work proactively to identify and drive process improvements.
- Preparation of presentation materials and ad hoc analysis as required.
- Identify key financial/commercial risks and potential mitigations.
- Review of Intercompany invoices received, cross referencing with latest forecast and approval if in line with expectations.
- Review of reports produced by 1 x offshore resource for T&E and other spend prior to distribution.
- Partner with operational owners and procurement to understand & forecast changes.
- Partner with procurement when negotiating renewals of existing contracts, new investment and managing suppliers providing financial and commercial support.
Essential skills and experience
- Part-qualified with 4+ years’ experience or Newly Qualified in a large and globally diverse company.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders, whilst driving the agenda with reasonable financial challenge.
- Management reporting / Budgeting / forecasting experience
- Must have good Microsoft Excel skills.
- Cost control experience
- Financial investment business case experience
- The ideal candidate will also be a strong communicator, flexible in their approach, and have a fantastic ability to meet strict deadlines
- Experience within Technology or cost centre reporting an advantage
- Use of Power BI an advantage
Our values and behaviours:
Agile – We need to be nimble, quick and flexible, thinking and acting differently. This means acting with freedom, deciding with speed and keeping it simple.
Pioneering – We're innovative, risk-taking self-starters, building an industry legacy. This means being constantly curious, taking risks to succeed, and being passionate about thought leadership.
Ambitious – We have a trail-blazing and inquisitive culture where relentlessness and hunger are rewarded. This means going the extra mile, having our eyes on the prize and having rapid and ruthless focus.
Responsible – We take individual and collective responsibility for our thoughts and actions. This means taking ownership, being good citizens and being transparent.
Collaborative – We work together globally to deliver a consistent brand experience and partner together locally to provide the best client solution. This means collaborating across the network; sharing success models; and attracting, developing and mobilising the right talent.
What you’ll get from us:
You will not only have the opportunity to join a high performing team but also an organisation in which Technology and IT will be absolutely instrumental to our success moving forward.
Dentsu Aegis Network is a fantastic place to work with many great benefits on offer including 25 days’ annual holiday, Pension, Cycle to Work Scheme, and get your Birthday day off!
Not only is it an incredibly fun place to work but as part of a multinational organisation there are many opportunities to advance your career within the wider Finance function once you have proven yourself.
About The Company
Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN) DAN is the 4th largest advertising network globally, headquartered in London and operates in 145 countries worldwide with more than 40,000 dedicated specialists. Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands Are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. DAN consists of a number of market leading brands including; Carat, Dentsu Media, Isobar, iProspect, Posterscope, Vizeum, Amplifi, D2D and PSLive each covering different capabilities such as media planning, performance marketing, marketing effectiveness, media buying, mobile first, social, creative, etc. So, how do you apply? If you feel this role could be what you are looking for – please send a copy of your C.V
Dentsu Aegis Network