Head of Global Data Strategy
Amplifi is the media investment arm of The Dentsu Aegis Network. Consisting four divisions Investment, Global Media Partnerships, AMNET and The Storylab. Amplifi also holds executive responsibility for Data at DAN. The Amplifi team is tasked with providing thought leadership, best practice, accountability and global growth across TV, Digital, Outdoor, Print and Radio … and most recently Data – its strategy and deployment across DAN.
The Amplifi goal is simple to harness technology, insight and creative thinking to help all members of the DAN operating model identify and deliver value.
We do this by re-inventing our relationships with the supply side and re-imagining what is possible with data today and tomorrow.
Ensure DAN's data capabilities are strategically positioned and delivered to global clients.
- Global client data strategy - Support the end-to-end data strategy practice across both pre-sales and post-sales implementation for global clients.
- General support needs across global client delivery teams.
- Be the clients’ trusted advisor on all things data.
- Undertake data strategies and roadmaps to propel client marketing.
- Oversee campaign targeting plans, briefs and processes.
- Define frameworks to measure marketing effectiveness.
- Present frequently to clients and attend client meetings.
- Oversee reporting and analysis processes.
- Undertake data discovery and analysis projects, working with in market delivery teams.
- Promote, develop and oversee data and analysis deliverables
- Build relationships with client stakeholders.
- Work directly with select clients and internal client management and delivery teams to develop and deploy relevant data strategies.
- Work with team to develop data strategies for other global clients from scoping to implementation.
- Oversee technical implementation team where necessary.
- Support the on-going delivery across local markets.
- Act as consultant to internal teams to align to client data strategies aligning outputs, testing frameworks and resourcing.
- Create data-driven maturity frameworks to audit, track and provide recommendations to our global clients and internal network
- Ensure onboarding programmes are developed and implemented that manage client expectations.
- Work with project management teams and internal delivery teams for successful completion of onboarding programmes.
- Develop data-driven marketing strategies across different client verticals and translate into relevant pitch content.
- Design and run data-driven marketing strategy and tech sessions for pitches.
- Support collaboration with internal network during pitches.
- Change and Project Management.
- Collaborate with the Change and Project management team to drive change across delivery practices for global clients.
- Help iterate on the Global Clients Data Operations Playbook and ensure alignment and governance of practices defined in the Playbook.
Team leadership, management and collaboration:
- Manage 3-5 data strategy directors, each with their specific global clients.
- Manage day to day work and long-term personal development of team members.
- Showcase leadership and drive with the team.
- Collaborate with the Digital Ad Operations, Data Product Officer group and Digital Teams to align delivery to global client data strategy.
- Produce material and content needed to support the global data training initiatives across the network
The Ideal Candidate
Experience & Skills Required
- Several years in a data function within an agency environment and on the client side with major global clients.
- Possess a high level numeracy and analysis skills.
- Excellent communication, organisational and presentation skills
- As this role includes line reports, strong people management skills is necessary.
- Have strong knowledge of CRM and digital marketing
- Be a confident user of data analysis practices and processes
- Great communication skills with the ability to explain complexity to non-technical parties.
- Knowledge of martech, campaign management practices, data management platforms, GDPR, client contractual clauses around data and negotiation skills are advantageous
Demonstrates our company values at all times:
Collaborative - We work together globally to deliver a consistent brand experience and partner together locally to provide the best client solution. This means collaborating across the network; sharing success models; and attracting, developing and mobilising the right talent.
Agile - We need to be nimble, quick and flexible, thinking and acting differently. This means acting with freedom, deciding with speed and keeping it simple.
Ambitious - We have a trail-blazing and inquisitive culture where relentlessness and hunger are rewarded. This means going the extra mile, having our eyes on the prize and having rapid and ruthless focus.
Pioneering - We're innovative, risk-taking self-starters, building an industry legacy. This means being constantly curious, taking risks to succeed, and being passionate about thought leadership.
Responsible - We take individual and collective responsibility for our thoughts and actions. This means taking ownership, being good citizens and being transparent.
About the Company
Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN) is Innovating the Way Brands Are Built through best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative services. Part of Dentsu Inc., Dentsu Aegis Network is made up of ten global network brands - Carat, Dentsu, dentsu X, iProspect, Isobar, mcgarrybowen, Merkle, MKTG, Posterscope and Vizeum, and supported by its specialist brands.
Dentsu Aegis Network helps clients build consumer relationships by communicating their products and brands effectively. Our distinctive and innovative range of products and services include marketing and communications strategies through digital creative execution, media planning and buying, mobile applications, SEO, content creation, brand tracking and marketing analytics. The company is headquartered in London and operates in 145 countries worldwide with over 40,000 dedicated specialists.
Dentsu Aegis Network