IT Support Team Lead (2nd Line)
Are you an enthusiastic Technology Expert, who is passionate about Strategic-Support solutions and would love an extra day off for your birthday?!
Then you’ve come to the right place!
WHO ARE WE?
This is an exciting time to join Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN) as we focus on becoming a 100% digital economy business by 2020 through content, media and commerce. We are well placed to build capability, scale and sustainable growth as a high performance business. Our strategy is driven by our unique culture with one vision (to innovate the way brands are built), one set of values and a unique operating model which drives collaboration, client focus and attention.
WHAT’S THE JOB? WHAT WILL I ACTUALLY DO?
DAN are about to embark upon a number of exciting changes to our target operating model.
The main purpose of the Second Line Team Lead is to provide leadership to the team including motivation, development, coaching and to develop improved ways of working. You will work with operational IT teams to strengthen our estate to build a supportable and sustainable environment for our infrastructure.
You will have a varied background in Second Line support and have excellent technical skills and knowledge. In addition, you will have team leadership experience and a proven ability to develop, train and support a team of Second Line Engineers. You will also demonstrate a clear knowledge of the ITIL framework (ITIL qualification is an advantage), experienced in and understanding of how to build and deliver great service to both internal and external customers.
This is a dynamic and exciting role that will keep you on your toes!
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Working with the Senior Technical Team Manager to agree team responsibilities and activities, by engaging with business users and other technical support functions.
- Acting as the cover for the Senior Technical Team Manager in their absence.
- Managing team workloads; team rota’s; ensuring all Incident and Request tickets are handled in an appropriate, professional manner meeting agreed SLA targets.
- Leading the Second Line Desktop support team, providing guidance and expertise as well as setting standards of professionalism and attitude.
- Participate with other members of the team in investigating and modelling business functions and processes using methodical and consistent techniques. Includes specifying information flows, processes/procedures and data objects that will meet business requirements. Assists colleagues and clients/users in defining acceptance tests for automated systems.
The Ideal Candidate
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
The ideal candidate will have experience working within the technical services sector. The candidate would be versed in ITIL processes and have spent several years specializing in supporting Windows and Mac platforms, desktop and infrastructure with a solid understanding of Networks.
As well as all the expected qualities of an experienced desktop support engineer the following skills are critical to the role:
- Good understanding of current Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop Operating systems. 2012 R2 /2016 - Windows 8.1/10 Support and management of Active Directory/DNS/DHCP
- Good understanding of ServiceNow, incident, request, knowledge, problem & change
- MS Office suite knowledge - MS 365 suite
- Good understanding of current Mac OS, NoMAD experience desirable
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Network troubleshooting, TCP/IP and general WAN/ LAN troubleshooting
- Experience of SCCM administration, packaging and deployment
- Experience of Casper high level administration
- Understanding of an Identity Management system – Okta experience desirable
- Exposure to Citrix desirable
- Willingness to want to aid in supporting all aspects of the IT service assisting other teams where required from service desk and support through to architectural design and implementation
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Able to develop good working relationships
- Strong organization and planning skills with exposure to matrix management
- Ability to work as part of large team
In addition to the technical skills above, you must also have the following team leadership skillset:
- Strong management skills, with an ability to lead, motivate and develop a team.
- Experience of performing professional development through one-to-ones, planning and target setting.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication.
- Demonstrate excellent customer care skills.
About the Company
BUT… WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
We drive culture through our own employees, and are heavily-invested in creating an amazing place to work. With Global operations and 40k+ employees, there is unprecedented potential for career progression, with almost 75% of our roles being filled by internal promotions. You will have access to Dentsu Aegis’ training and development programmes, and work with not only cutting-edge technologies, but also with leaders in their field.
We are committed to creating a great place to work, so you’ll also get the little perks such as free toast in the morning, team days out, kitchen’s with free fruit, teas and coffee, 2 extra days’ holiday to get involved with charity work and you always get another day off for your birthday! But most importantly you’ll be part of a fun and collaborative team culture, and you will work in an environment where you are supported, and developed!
Like what you’ve read? Hit the “apply” button and let’s chat!
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
Dentsu Aegis Network