Internal Audit Senior Manager
To lead the Group & EMEA regional internal audit team to safeguard the current and future economic value of DAN by (a) implementing the global internal audit strategy and (b) identifying control risks within the business and examining and evaluating the adequacy of controls to mitigate those risk. This role primarily involves working across EMEA region though may involve other parts of the group.
Other regional IA managers will not report to this role.
- Implement the Internal Audit strategy on in Group & EMEA
- Take on key responsibilities on behalf of the Director of Risk & Audit within Group & EMEA (e.g. in EMEA regional meetings with senior members, investigations in the region or presentations to stakeholders)
- Accountable for the design and delivery of the audit plan for Group Functions & EMEA including annual risk assessment
- Maintain and develop relationships with key stakeholders (e.g. EMEA regional management team) to help ensure the audit work carried out adequately addresses the key risks in the Group.
- Review Regional Risk Committee minutes for EMEA and engage with key stakeholders to improve Risk Committee effectiveness in line with the Global Risk Management Framework.
- Lead fraud investigations as required with appropriate knowledge and skillset collaboratively working with General Counsel, Compliance and Finance.
- Influence and facilitate changes to improve the controls environment to mitigate risks to an acceptable level.
- Prepare management and DAN Audit Committee reporting for the Director of Risk & Audit
- Play a key role in the continuing development and improvement of the Risk & Audit team
- Take responsibility for delivering designated ad-hoc projects (e.g. J-SOX compliance, stakeholder mapping and comms etc.)
- Manage staff from both within the team and through external consultants in order to achieve department objectives, including resourcing and people development
- Financial: limited direct scope, although the role has a highly influential indirect accountability across Group functions (exc Technology) and EMEA region.
- Staff: Team of 3 plus co-source partners or ‘guest auditors’ from the business. Will also on occasion have a number of virtual team members from across the DAN group when taking a lead role in ad-hoc projects. Working collaboratively with the Global IA team is key in this role.
- Other: role is wide-ranging, as the role is required to give assurance over all key controls (including financial, contractual, compliance, acquisitions, sales and purchasing) across the region and to work with the businesses to help implement change where required. A portion of time will also be spent on investigations.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Outstanding relationship management capability, including dealing confidently with senior management and ability to influence them to drive change.
- High integrity, trustworthy and reliable.
- Ability to inspire and motivate a team to deliver.
- Good coaching and people development skills.
- Enthusiastic, confident and a team player.
- Flexible and positive approach to work, including willingness to undertake substantial international business travel across region and beyond.
- Able to pay attention to detail whilst combining with the ability to see the ‘big picture’.
- Organised and able to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Previous internal audit and investigatory experience, ideally in a managerial role.
- Strong audit/finance background (typically 10 years’ experience).
- Relevant accounting qualification (e.g. ACA, CPA)
- Any relevant forensic experience.
- Previous internal audit and compliance experience, although candidates with a strong industry and financial background may be considered.
- Relevant accounting qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, ACMA);
- Internal audit qualification and/or forensic qualification (not mandatory dependent on experience)
Our values and behaviours:
Agile – We need to be nimble, quick and flexible, thinking and acting differently. This means acting with freedom, deciding with speed and keeping it simple.
Pioneering – We're innovative, risk-taking self-starters, building an industry legacy. This means being constantly curious, taking risks to succeed, and being passionate about thought leadership.
Ambitious – We have a trail-blazing and inquisitive culture where relentlessness and hunger are rewarded. This means going the extra mile, having our eyes on the prize and having rapid and ruthless focus.
Responsible – We take individual and collective responsibility for our thoughts and actions. This means taking ownership, being good citizens and being transparent.
Collaborative – We work together globally to deliver a consistent brand experience and partner together locally to provide the best client solution. This means collaborating across the network; sharing success models; and attracting, developing and mobilising the right talent.
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll receive on the job training, up skilling and development to progress your career in Internal Audit within an exciting work environment.
Dentsu Aegis Network is a fantastic place to work with many great benefits on offer including 25 days’ annual holiday, Cycle to Work Scheme, and get your Birthday day off!
Not only is it an incredibly fun place to work but, as part of the Global team, you’ll also have the opportunity to travel internationally as part of the job. As part of a multinational organisation there are many opportunities to advance your career within the wider Finance function once you have proven yourself.
Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN) DAN is the 4th largest advertising network globally, headquartered in London and operates in 145 countries worldwide with more than 38,000 dedicated specialists. Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands Are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. DAN consists of a number of market leading brands including; Carat, Dentsu Media, Isobar, iProspect, Posterscope, Vizeum, Amplifi, D2D and PSLive each covering different capabilities such as media planning, performance marketing, marketing effectiveness, media buying, mobile first, social, creative, etc. So, how do you apply? If you feel this role could be what you are looking for – please send a copy of your C.V
Dentsu Aegis Network