Dentsu Aegis Network is looking to recruit a proactive lawyer to be based in Manchester who would be dedicated to supporting DAN’s business across Manchester, Leeds, Edinburgh and Newcastle. This is an exciting time for this dynamic business and the legal function is highly regarded and seen as key to the company’s success.
The individual will be part of the UK legal team staff headed by the General Counsel for the UK and Ireland. The UK team is part of a close-knit global team headed by the Group General Counsel who strongly promotes professional development and the value of lawyers within the company.
It is vital that the individual will be capable of working independently and will be highly proactive. Communication and negotiation skills are very important given regular interaction with internal and external clients/stakeholders at senior levels. They will be relied upon to communicate effectively and efficiently to both legal and non-legal senior management.
Core work will involve drafting and negotiating commercial contracts with clients, media owners and suppliers in relation to all aspects of traditional and digital media strategy, planning and buying, together with digital creative production and event management. There is also a need to assist with rolling out new systems and processes going forwards for this rapidly growing business.
- Commercial contract drafting and negotiating (experience with media and advertising agreements is a plus). This includes being able to efficiently and clearly distinguish between critical and less critical risks
- Privacy and data protection advice and compliance (data protection experience would be of great benefit)
- Drafting and negotiation of consultancy, partnership, services and technology agreements
- Advising in connection with contract interpretation, external audits, dispute resolution and overall negotiation strategy
- Reviewing templates, policies and processes and identifying and mitigating risk and ensuring timely turnaround of contracts and queries
- Participation in the development, implementation and enforcement of company polices and processes to ensure legal compliance with internal policies as well as applicable laws and regulations including delivering training and managing contract compliance
- Providing legal support and guidance in relation to development and deployment of new commercial initiatives
- Intellectual property protection (especially in relation to trademark and copyright matters)
- Assisting in the supervision and development of a paralegal
The Ideal Candidate
- Have at least 1-2 years post qualification experience and have qualified in a UK jurisdiction
- Solid private practice training and experience from a top-tier law firm
- Have strong experience of drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Ideally, have some prior data protection experience
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels to legal and non-legal professionals
- Strong commercial/business acumen
- Have a demonstrable ability to provide accurate, timely and pragmatic legal advice
In addition to a competitive salary we are committed to creating a great environment for all our employees. We offer everything you would expect from a large company – like 25 days’ holiday – and some things you wouldn't, like the opportunity to buy more holiday, flex your working hours and take 2 paid volunteering days each year to support charitable causes.
We also provide pension contributions, life assurance, free eye tests, season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, and a whole host of great local and national discounts from leading retailers that you’ll have access to as an employee.
About the Company
Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. With consumers more connected, through a range of devices, than ever before, the era of media convergence is presenting many opportunities as well as a new, complex media eco-system. From identifying who the consumers are, to how they make their decisions.
Dentsu Aegis Network is made up of nine global network brands - Carat, Dentsu, Dentsu media, iProspect, Isobar, mcgarrybowen, MKTG, Posterscope and Vizeum and supported by its specialist/multi-market brands. Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands Are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. Offering a distinctive and innovative range of products and services, Dentsu Aegis Network is headquartered in London and operates in 145 countries worldwide with over 30,000 dedicated specialists.
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
Dentsu Aegis Network