M&A Accounting Manager
The role is an essential part of the Group Finance team for DAN, driving the M&A accounting agenda across the globe.
The role will ensure:
• the business is provided with sound and clear technical accounting guidance on all M&A deals from idea to completion
• all new M&A transactions are promptly and accurately recorded, and fully compliant with IFRS
• the DAN Group Accounting Policies relating to M&A are maintained and understood globally
• the external Audit of M&A transactions runs smoothly and efficiently
The role requires a senior Accountant who will bring energy and expertise to this dynamic, diverse and highly acquisitive company.
They will need to influence and guide all levels of the Finance team – the Group Finance teams, regional Finance teams, and the local Finance teams, including the Finance teams of acquired companies.
They will also need to communicate to and guide the DAN M&A Board and the Financial Accounting and Reporting team at the Dentsu Inc. parent company in Japan.
M&A Accounting & Reporting (80%)
- Provide best in class technical accounting advice, on all proposed M&A deals, to the business and Finance management, identifying accounting risks to be mitigated and opportunities to be pursued.
- Ensure that all new M&A transactions are recorded promptly and accurately, and are compliant with IFRS and Group accounting policies; this includes PPA calculations, deferred consideration and put option liabilities, and post-acquisition balance sheet adjustments.
- Deliver accurate and timely information on M&A transactions to the Dentsu Inc. Finance team.
- Develop new reporting formats and analytical tools on M&A transactions, to drive improved compliance and efficiency.
- Identify new IFRS requirements and/or regulatory issues that may affect M&A deals and recommend how the business should prepare to meet them.
- Manage the Group accounting policies relating to M&A, ensuring they evolve with the business and drive adherence globally.
- Support the development of a robust Financial Accounting and Reporting control environment that adheres to the DAN Group policies and embeds best practice across the business.
- Provide ad hoc analysis as required by the Global teams, including the DAN Exec, Treasury, Tax, M&A, IT, Internal Audit, Legal and HR.
External Audit (15%)
- Manage the group audit process of M&A transactions, working closely with the external audit team, ensuring the audit is completed on time and with zero audit differences.
Finance team development (5%)
- Be an active part of the Group Finance team, focusing on developing M&A accounting knowledge across all Finance teams
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND CAPABILITY
- Qualified ACA accountant with substantial global M&A Accounting experience either in a fast paced, ambitious and multinational environment within a FTSE100-sized company or in a Big 4 accountancy firm
- Proven experience of technical accounting for M&A deals in a commercial environment, with proven capability to communicate financial accounting requirements to senior executives
- Clear record of driving end-to-end financial accounting and reporting process improvements
- Strong communication, influencing, collaboration and relationship building skills across global cultures
- Experience of incorporating new acquisitions
- Other languages an advantage
- Knowledge of the Media or Digital sectors an advantage
Our values and behaviours:
Agile – Anticipate business needs, continuous process improvement, be flexible whilst maintain high standards
Pioneering – Being constantly curious, be bold in challenging the status quo, support a culture of openness
Ambitious – Strive for excellence, drive hard to achieve, learn from experiences
Responsible – Uphold the highest levels of integrity, lead by example, be courageous in raining concerns
Collaborative – Operate as one finance team locally and globally by sharing best practice and following standard practices and processes
What you’ll get from us:
This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class accounting team and get exposure to what is the most active M&A departments in the industry.
Dentsu Aegis Network is a fantastic place to work with many great benefits on offer including 25 days’ annual holiday, Cycle to Work Scheme, and get your Birthday day off!
Not only is it an incredibly fun place to work but as part of a multinational organisation there are many opportunities to advance your career once you have proven yourself.
About Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN)
DAN is the 4th largest advertising network globally, headquartered in London and operates in 145 countries worldwide with more than 45,000 dedicated specialists. Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands Are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. DAN consists of a number of market leading brands including; Carat, Dentsu Media, Isobar, iProspect, Posterscope, Vizeum, Amplifi, D2D and PSLive each covering different capabilities such as media planning, performance marketing, marketing effectiveness, media buying, mobile first, social, creative, etc.
So, how do you apply?
If you feel this role could be what you are looking for – please send a copy of your C.V
Inclusion & Diversity
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
Dentsu Aegis Network