Dentsu Aegis Network is a multinational media and digital marketing communications company headquartered in London and operates in 145 countries worldwide with more than 35,000 staff. We’re the 4th largest advertising network globally and the Dentsu Aegis Network consists of a number of market leading brands of which Isobar is one.
Isobar is a leading digital creative agency with nearly 6,000 people in over 85 locations across more than 45 markets globally.
This role sits within the Finance team and reports into the Financial Controller and will manage one direct report.
The purpose of the role is to take responsibility for everyday accounting for the UK entity ensuring group revenue is appropriately recognised and invoiced and that management accounts are accurate and produced on a timely basis.
The ideal candidate will possess strong attention to detail and will be happy to be actively involved in the finer detail of producing management accounts including posting journals directly to the ledger. They will also be proactive in identifying potential process inefficiencies and making process improvements where necessary.
Reinforcing the values of the business is a vital part of this role. Our three core values that shape the way we do everything are:
- Grow Together as One team
- Constantly Innovate
- Pursue Excellence
Responsibility for accurate monthly management accounts, balance sheet reconciliations and proactive management of balance sheet accounts. Partnering with professional services business to ensure project accounting is correct and that revenue recognition is fairly stated in accordance with accounting standards. Oversight of sales ledger, purchase ledger and cash activities.
Primary responsibilities and ongoing tasks:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts:
- Accruals and prepayments;
- Partnering with professional services business to ensure project accounting is correct and that project revenue recognition is fairly stated in accordance with accounting standards.
- Oversight of sales ledger, purchase ledger and cash activities.
- Review of Professional Services projects to ensure correct revenue recognition;
- Calculation of monthly sales invoices based on platform transaction data;
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet items and proactive follow-up of unexpected items to ensure balance sheet is risk-free;
- Preparation of management accounts including analysis against budget / forecast
- Intercompany reconciliation
Will have one direct report whose responsibilities include:
- Purchase ledger
- Sales ledger
- Cash collection
- Fixed Assets
- Cashflow forecasting
- VAT returns
The responsibilities of the Management Accountant will also include:
- Giving support to the direct report where necessary during busy periods, e.g. assisting with purchase and sales ledger
- Overseeing cash collection activities and managing debtor aging and cash to monthly targets.
- Preparation of monthly cash flow forecast
- Understanding and summarising any contracts with new customers and subsequently ensuring invoices are raised on a timely basis according to the contract and that revenue is recognised appropriately.
- Review monthly UK payroll.
- Preparing and submitting quarterly VAT returns.
Secondary responsibilities and ad-hoc tasks:
- Understand the implications of new reporting requirements such as FRS101 / FRS 102 and implementing new processes to ensure management accounts reflect the requirements.
- Ad hoc activities as directed by FC or CFO.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA accountant with 2 years post qualification experience in a management accounting role.
- Solid understanding of revenue recognition of services contracts.
- Experience of working for a retailer or digital/E- Commerce service provider preferable
- Paprika and Netsuite experience would be highly beneficial.
Dentsu Aegis Network