Gleam Futures manages top class social media talent who are among the most popular and powerful online creators and influencers in the world. The talent on Gleam’s roster are dedicated and passionate individuals who are determined to be professional and accountable while exploring their potential in all areas of media and merchandising.
In June 2017 Gleam was acquired by the Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN), a global media and digital marketing group. Being part of DAN supports and enhances Gleam’s objective to continue as the world leader in the digital-first Talent space.
This is a broad and varied management accountant role within a young, successful and fast growing talent management business. The role provides an opportunity to be involved in all aspects of financial planning, management and control, working closely with the Head of Finance, company directors and other key stakeholders around the business.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly management accounts and associated monthly management reporting pack;
- Liaise with teams in LA and Sydney to ensure financial reporting for overseas subsidiaries is accurate and timely.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to DAN in accordance with group deadlines and policies;
- Ensure key balance sheet items are reconciled and understood;
- Work with Finance Assistant, providing guidance and training where necessary, to manage accounts receivable;
- Respond to ad hoc queries from directors and other stakeholders;
- Involvement in the annual budgeting process and in reforecasting activities;
- Prepare reporting packs for bi-annual talent meetings;
- Liaise directly with auditors to ensure relevant information is provided and annual audit is delivered on time;
- Assist with maintenance and implementation of financial controls;
- Process monthly payroll (via third party provider);
- Complete VAT returns;
- Prepare information for corporation tax returns and liaise directly with external advisers to ensure compliance obligations are met;
- Maintain FA register and lease amortisation schedule;
- Assist with effective cash management;
- Assist with systems testing and upgrades;
- Involvement in the management of joint venture projects;
- Fully qualified accountant;
- Degree qualified - 2:1 or above;
- The ideal candidate could have 1-2 years’ experience in practice or industry;
- Intermediate/advanced Excel skills and competent using other Microsoft Office programmes;
- Familiarity using accounts packages;
- Confident communicating with team members and the wider business, including senior stakeholders;
- A motivated and diligent individual who is happy to take direction or take the lead depending on the circumstances;
- Somebody who is energetic, and enjoys life and what they do.
What you’ll get from us:
This is an excellent opportunity to join what is a hugely exciting and fast expanding business that has the aim to represent the very best talent in the world, while at the same time disrupting the traditional entertainment industry. You will get the opportunity flex your skills across both Management and Financial accounting, lead the roll-out of a new accounting system and manage a small team.
Dentsu Aegis Network is a fantastic place to work with many great benefits on offer including 25 days’ annual holiday, Cycle to Work Scheme, and get your Birthday day off!
Not only is it an incredibly fun place to work but as part of a multinational network of companies there are many opportunities to advance your career once you have proven yourself.
About Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN)
About Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN) DAN is the 4th largest advertising network globally, headquartered in London and operates in 145 countries worldwide with more than 45,000 dedicated specialists. Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands Are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. DAN consists of a number of market leading brands including; Carat, Dentsu Media, Isobar, iProspect, Posterscope, Vizeum, Amplifi, D2D and PSLive each covering different capabilities such as digital creative execution, media planning and buying, mobile applications, SEO, content creation, brand tracking and marketing analytics.
So, how do you apply?
If you feel this role could be what you are looking for please send your CV or LinkedIn profile
Inclusion & Diversity
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
Dentsu Aegis Network