As a Media Manager, you will take a lead role in planning and managing media campaigns, ensuring clients experience the highest service levels. You will provide advice to clients on competitor activity and innovations in their marketplace, working with senior staff to provide strategic and justified media proposals.
- Developing your own ideas and gathering data to develop them into comprehensive digital media strategies
- Working with planning and client services to understand how media channels combine to maximise client return
- Taking responsibility for providing clients with innovative digital media solutions and demonstrable return on investment
- Providing clients with guidance on digital budget allocation
- Developing compelling client documents and presentations and providing evidence of added value
- Leading client meetings
- Delegating and managing the consolidation of internal briefs required for multi-media campaigns
- Creating comprehensive digital media briefs and working with the media teams to maximise the quality of response
- Continually building and demonstrating an insight into digital consumer behaviour
- Evaluating competitor media behaviour using your knowledge of the sector and tools such as Hitwise, Google, Adgooroo, ComScore
- Proactively up selling to clients to maximise account value
- Ensuring clients are made aware of relevant media opportunities, innovations and market developments
- Seek to actively participate in new business projects
- Debt management
- Actively ensuring administrative accuracy across the team
- Setting deadlines across the team and ensuring project completion
- Pro-actively seek to further develop your media knowledge
The Ideal Candidate
- As a media planner you are intrigued by consumers, you’re interested in who they are, where they live, what they buy and critically what media they consume and how they consume it
- You will be a strategic and logical thinker who enjoys analysing a brief and delivering innovative solutions
- You will hold a sound knowledge of all digital media channels and good understanding of how to develop effective integrated media campaigns, in both brand and DR advertising
- You will demonstrate passion for the role and inspire respect from clients and colleagues
- You will be able to communicate effectively and professionally and hold strong relationships, both internally and with clients
- You will posses strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- You will have an advanced level of understanding of DDS (invoicing system), Excel, Word and PowerPoint
In addition to a competitive salary we are committed to creating a great environment for all our employees. We offer everything you would expect from a large company – like 25 days’ holiday – and some things you wouldn't, like the opportunity to buy more holiday, flex your working hours and take 2 paid volunteering days each year to support charitable causes.
We also provide pension contributions, life assurance, free eye tests, season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, and a whole host of great local and national discounts from leading retailers that you’ll have access to as an employee.
About the Company
Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. With consumers more connected, through a range of devices, than ever before, the era of media convergence is presenting many opportunities as well as a new, complex media eco-system. From identifying who the consumers are, to how they make their decisions.
Dentsu Aegis Network is made up of nine global network brands - Carat, Dentsu, Dentsu media, iProspect, Isobar, mcgarrybowen, MKTG, Posterscope and Vizeum and supported by its specialist/multi-market brands. Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands Are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. Offering a distinctive and innovative range of products and services, Dentsu Aegis Network is headquartered in London and operates in 145 countries worldwide with over 30,000 dedicated specialists.
In this new era of media, Carat is changing the game. We are redefining the value of media to build our client's businesses. We create communications ideas and make them happen across every possible channel - from social media to TV to sports sponsorship. And as Campaign magazine's Global Media Network of the Year, we've been having great success from doing so.
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
Dentsu Aegis Network