Paid Social Assistant
As a Paid Social Assistant, you will be responsible for helping ensure accounts meet exacting standards through day to day checks, reporting and optimisation. You will become well versed in our unique and proprietary approach to Paid Social and you will help deliver continual improvement in client results. You will also play a part in strategic vision of the department and of clients. You will show a keen desire to learn and develop your skills working closely with the rest of your team.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of all Paid Social elements, including campaign planning and best-in-class activation.
- Complete client reports to a high standard, offering context and insight – leading strategy and campaign development for our clients.
- Oversee the monitoring of daily delivery and performance and ensure regular optimisation of all campaign elements (segments, creative, landing pages, etc.) based on agreed campaign KPI’s
- Carry out daily budget checks to ensure spend phasing & performance falls in line with the agreed strategy, reacting to current trends and implement changes where necessary.
- Ensure all hygiene checks are carried out in accordance with team processes and that campaigns are delivered as planned with no overspends or errors in delivery.
- Gather data, examine and generate reports to carry out performance analysis to proactively ensure best possible results & identify opportunities.
- Have an impeccable level of attention to detail – check data to ensure accuracy at every stage.
- Have a strong time management skills and ability to plan workloads throughout the day and forthcoming week(s)
- Respond to briefs on time and to specification.
- Attend all relevant Paid Social training sessions and contribute fully.
- Respond to client and client service contacts within appropriate time scales.
- Learn about all relevant tools & technology and become a competent user and become and stay accredited, passing all relevant exams.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key paid social partners to nurture performance growth (Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest etc.)
- Where possible work closely with other digital and non-digital channels to identify channel integration opportunities.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to understand and follow processes.
- A high degree of numeracy and literacy.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Effective when working as part of a team.
- Competent in MS excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Problem solver.
- Creative & audience understanding and research.
- Effective communication skills.
- A keen eye for detail.
- A sound understanding of how to use 3rd party SEM tools such as DoubleClick, Facebook/Instagram Power Editor, Twitter Ads & LinkedIn (plus other Social Media outlets).
- Understand the relationship between different metrics, audiences, creatives and how they impact results.
- Remain abreast of developments in Paid Social and broader Social Media and digital space.
- Drive the adoption of the latest platform features
In addition to a competitive salary we are committed to creating a great environment for all our employees. We offer everything you would expect from a large company – like 25 days’ holiday – and some things you wouldn't, like the opportunity to buy more holiday, flex your working hours and take 2 paid volunteering days each year to support charitable causes.
We also provide pension contributions, life assurance, free eye tests, season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, and a whole host of great local and national discounts from leading retailers that you’ll have access to as an employee.
About the Company
Dentsu Aegis Network is made up of nine global network brands - Carat, Dentsu, Dentsu media, iProspect, Isobar, mcgarrybowen, MKTG, Posterscope and Vizeum and supported by its specialist/multi-market brands. Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands Are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. Offering a distinctive and innovative range of products and services, Dentsu Aegis Network is headquartered in London and operates in 145 countries worldwide with over 30,000 dedicated specialists.
iProspect is a global, award-winning marketing agency that drives digital performance for many of the world’s largest brands. A trusted partner with an in-depth understanding of consumer behaviour, iProspect reshapes brand strategies to meet the fast-paced demands of the convergent world with a focus on exceeding the client’s business objectives. iProspect delivers personal, adaptive and valuable digital experiences utilising proprietary solutions including: paid and natural search, content generation, data & insights, social media, structured data and feeds, performance display, conversion optimisation and affiliates.
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
Dentsu Aegis Network