Paid Social Associate Director
As an Associate Director of Social Media you will have a senior position within the Social Department. An Associate Director of Social Media must lead, inspire and develop Account Managers, Executives & Assistants to deliver best-in-class Social Media implementation.
Your role will be to ensure that the highest level of thought and strategic insight is applied to all Social activity to maximise income and deliver unrivalled performance. The role covers working across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and LinkedIn as well as emerging platforms. You will work within a senior team and manage a team of Social experts, as well as mentoring and nurturing talent across the department.
- Own strategic development & drive on a product(s) and/or on client planning (i.e. client roadmaps, testing plans, lead strategy meetings, internal promotion of product etc.)
- Develop our Social product to help us stay at the forefront of the industry. (i.e. conduct SWOT analysis on a regular basis, identify new opportunities/platforms etc.)
- Develop and manage the Paid Social team to make them best in class. (i.e. Ensure that each member of the team has annual objectives and a PDP to focus on personal and professional training, development and education through regular meetings/catch ups and support in all aspects when needed etc.)
- Work closely with the strategy & client leadership teams, using knowledge of the client, their business/brand, their consumers and the industry in which they operate, to deliver market leading Social strategies. (i.e. regular meetings with client leadership teams)
- Own relationships of publishers and suppliers (i.e. organising Facebook training sessions/meetings etc.)
- New business research and pitch document production, followed by pitching to potential new clients. (i.e. lead pitches, work with junior team to help gather information etc.)
- Developing cross channel integration as part of the planning process. Help clients and the wider team understand the full value of Social and the impact that it has, other than in hitting a client’s KPIs. (i.e. what relationship does social and search/content/SEO have and how do we bridge that gap? Etc.)
- Act as a point of escalation for all client leadership issues within the teams and manage difficult situations regarding issues etc.
- Consistent quality control. (i.e. check client documents and emails to make sure it is to the highest standard, give constructive feedback to account management team etc.)
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in social/digital.
- Passionate about the internet and technology, with a keen interest Social – keeping track of new developments within the industry.
- Aptitude to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Ability to pre-empt issues and be pro-active in producing solutions.
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to manage profitability and income across multiple accounts.
- A high degree of numeracy and literacy is essential.
- Ability to work under pressure and with short deadlines.
- Expert within Facebook Ads Manager (as well as other platforms).
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communicator, comfortable in articulating actions.
- Confident and articulate presenter, with the ability to present to senior clients and internal agency teams
- Effective time management skills with the ability to multi task.
- Able to work as an individual and within a flexible team.
In addition to a competitive salary we are committed to creating a great environment for all our people. We offer everything you would expect from a large company – like 25 days’ holiday – and a few additions, like the opportunity to buy more holiday, flex your working hours and take 2 paid volunteering days each year to support charitable causes.
We also provide pension contributions, life assurance, free eye tests, season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, and a whole host of great local and national discounts from leading retailers that you’ll have access to as an employee.
You will also have access to Dentsu Aegis’ training and development programmes, and you’ll get to work closely with the world’s biggest media partners to access exclusive features and products.
Most importantly, you’ll be part of a fun and collaborative team and you’ll work in an environment where you are supported, pushed and developed.
About the Company
When you join Dentsu Aegis Network you’re becoming part of a 40,000-strong team. A team with diverse talents in media, creative content and technology. And one with a shared ambition: to innovate the way brands are built.
Our collaborative and agile ways of working means you’ll develop versatile skills and be exposed to new and exciting thinking. Combine that with a pioneering spirit aimed at making a positive impact on brands, society and each other – and you’ll soon realise why we’re at the forefront of the digital economy.
Together we make our mark. Together we embrace the true potential of disruption. And together – across 145 countries – we help our clients win in a changing world. If you want to belong to a one global network where opportunities are limitless – we look forward to welcoming you.
Check out what its like to work here:
Diversity & Inclusion
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
Dentsu Aegis Network