Product Management Director
Are you an enthusiastic Technology Expert, who is passionate about global solutions and would love an extra day off for your birthday?!
Then you’ve come to the right place!
WHO ARE WE?
This is an exciting time to join Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN) as we focus on becoming a 100% digital economy business by 2020 through content, media and commerce. We are well placed to build capability, scale and sustainable growth as a high performance business. Our strategy is driven by our unique culture with one vision (to innovate the way brands are built), one set of values and a unique operating model which drives collaboration, client focus and attention.
WHAT’S THE JOB? WHAT WILL I ACTUALLY DO?
The Product Management Director will be a key part of the Product Leadership team and play a key role in the delivery of product strategy and key programmes, on a day to day basis.
This is a dynamic and exciting role that will keep you on your toes!
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Lead Business facing Product Management for assigned verticle including internal client mangament as well as vendor relationship mangament
- Overall responsibility for the product management of the assigned verticle, including the relevant shared and programme specific solutions
- Support Global Brands and Buying Functions in building vendor data relationships that are transformational for data products for DAN
- Lead integration of vendor data relationships into service category products
- Support in definintion of Product Management approach, practices and deliverables
- Own the product strategy and vision in line with the technology strategy and each of the various programme initiative delivery needs
- Own the verticle product backlog and work with programme stakeholders to ensure alignment of key dependencies between programmes and/or platforms
- Directly manage, provide leadership and create personal development plans and associated training for the team within the assigned verticle. Work with them to create aligned objectives and monitor progress.
- Hire, develop, and manage teams of other product managers / owners, analysts, and other disciplines as needed to support programmes
- Regularly review and report on product Backlog health and alignment to/support of technical facing product backlogs / roadmap
- Work with the leadership of each programme to manage and direct internal resources and external vendors for timely and effective product management deliverables
- Deliver regular executive communication to key stakeholders on current and future products components with associated metrics and milestone achievement
- Ensure effective communication of voice of customer requriement priorities with product and technical teams; leveraging in-depth knowledge and experience of product delivery processes
- Act as both a facilitator and subject matter expert when guiding cross-functional teams through definition, development, release and maintenance
- Foster effective team work by proactively sharing information and working collaboratively with internal stakeholders
- Accountable for providing reporting and insights on relevant KPI metrics for the product verticle
- Some travel is expected in order to maintain product discovery and adoption
The Ideal Candidate
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required; ideally in Computer Science, Political Science, Economics or related discipline
- Significant experience in product management in a complex environment
- Significant experience in managing and leading other team members
- Ideally experience from organisation with strong software engineering ethos
- Ideally experience from a wide range of industries, such as Financial Services, Gaming / Gambling, Media / Advertising, Retail / eCommerce.
- Strong leadership capabilities with the ability to effectively communicate between business leaders and tech talent pool
- Strong understanding of market trends and best practices within advertising products
- High level of analytical, communication and negotiating skills
- High character and integrity, is consistent and acts in line with a clear and visible set of values and beliefs
- Skilled at defining and prioritising product initiatives in a complex architecture
- Strong cross functional collaboration, stakeholder management and influencing skills
About the Company
BUT… WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
We drive culture through our own employees, and are heavily-invested in creating an amazing place to work. With Global operations and 40k+ employees, there is unprecedented potential for career progression, with almost 75% of our roles being filled by internal promotions. You will have access to Dentsu Aegis’ training and development programmes, and work with not only cutting-edge technologies, but also with leaders in their field.
We are committed to creating a great place to work, so you’ll also get the little perks such as free toast in the morning, team days out, kitchen’s with free fruit, teas and coffee, 2 extra days’ holiday to get involved with charity work and you always get another day off for your birthday! But most importantly you’ll be part of a fun and collaborative team culture, and you will work in an environment where you are supported, and developed!
Like what you’ve read? Hit the “apply” button and let’s chat!
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
Dentsu Aegis Network