Senior AV Support Engineer
The Senior AV engineer will be working for some of the top media agencies in the UK. Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN) owns a number of agencies in differing media disciplines. You will have the opportunity to work with the latest technology in a varied and challenging environment with a great deal of development potential.
Someone who has worked in the media industry before would be ideal for the role. You will be required to work in the VIP team supporting high profile Video Conferences (within a skype for business environment) for exec members of the business daily, support client pitches and events both onsite and offsite, as well as daily meeting room AV health checks.
You will also be required to meet the expectations of the role as defined below.
- Define technical requirements for room/area design, provide technical drawings and breakdown of equipment and costs for approval within IT budget.
- Work to a high standard ensuring availability of audio visual systems in break out areas and meeting rooms for business use.
- Maintain and repair AV equipment as required
- In charge of AV stock levels of relevant spares and potable equipment with continuous research or sourcing best valued products in the market.
- Installing a range of equipment in a range of environments including projection, flat screens, interactive technologies, audio solutions, scalers, extenders and digital signage.
- Communicate knowledge and support across a number of technical and business departments.
- Rigging and de-rigging of audio and lighting systems, rack building and wiring
- Fault finding and diagnostics
- Installation of Video conferencing systems Polycom, Cisco and web based camera solutions. As well as AMX/Crestron.
- Support management of OneLan video wall system.
- Supporting VIP Users
- Strong customer focus and understanding of sensitivities of working at Dentsu Aegis offices with clients and pitch presentation support.
The Ideal Candidate
- Someone with an excellent installation knowledge and a genuine interest in audio visual solutions.
- Full operational and technical knowledge of AV systems
- Willing to work outside of business hours (shift rota of either 8:00-16:00 or 10:00- 18:00) to maintain and repair AV equipment as required.
- Ability to follow cable schedules & risk and method statements.
- Technical knowledge and install experience of Polycom, Cisco, AMX/Crestron and Knowledge and understanding of Video conference software such as Skype for Business & Broadcast, Zoom and Webex.
- Knowledge of IP Telephony and associated hardware such as Polycom Trio/Group Series.
- Engineering health and safety training and knowledge.
- High level of professionalism.
About the Company
What you’ll get from us
Within the role, you will be part of a brand new team as we are bringing our AV function in house. You will be part of the development of the team and will have the opportunity to put your own stamp on it.
Dentsu Aegis Network is also a fantastic place to work with many great benefits on offer including 25 days’ annual holiday, Cycle to Work Scheme, and get your Birthday day off!
Not only is it an incredibly fun place to work but, for the right candidate, you’ll also be supported to become a qualified payroll professional and so there is a clear path to advance your career at DAN.
About Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN)
DAN is headquartered in London and operates in 145 countries worldwide with more than 40,000 dedicated specialists. Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands Are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. Dentsu Aegis Network consists of a number of market leading brands including; Carat, Dentsu Media, Isobar, iProspect, Posterscope, Vizeum, Amplifi, D2D and PSLive
Our values and behaviours:
Agile – Anticipate business needs, continuous process improvement, be flexible whilst maintain high standards
Pioneering – Being constantly curious, be bold in challenging the status quo, support a culture of openness
Ambitious – Strive for excellence, drive hard to achieve, learn from experiences
Responsible – Uphold the highest levels of integrity, lead by example, be courageous in raining concerns
Collaborative – Operate as one finance team locally and globally by sharing best practice and following standard practices and processes
Inclusion & Diversity
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
Dentsu Aegis Network