Senior Commercial Analytics Manager
Amplifi is Dentsu Aegis Network’s (DAN) investment and operational arm who are reinventing the rules of media by only making investment decisions that grow their clients’ business. Amplifi has launched in response to the market dynamics of consolidation and convergence. We are the media buying specialist of DAN and are pioneers in diversified media investments.
Our commitment is to understand how to add value to our clients’ business through investment in brave and innovative ways for the collective benefit of all parties. It is also our own investment in our people and of their time that will create opportunities for all parties in ways that generate real incremental value.
Through its differentiated proposition Clients, Media and the Industry have come to recognise DAN’s trading and investment strategy as a commercially valuable and industry defining step change in the advertising marketplace
You will lead the Commercial Analytics team, which provides value-added commercial support to the Amplifi management team on understanding business performance.
Through your strong Analytics skills, you will help Amplifi become a data-driven organisation.
What you will do:
- Manage a suite of Tableau reports on Tableau Server; ensure existing dashboards are refreshed, maintained and are kept relevant; these reports are used by Amplifi’s management team to support performance management to maximise income generated from our commercial and trading arrangements across traditional media channels and DAN’s trading desk, Amnet.
- Maintain databases and mappings/processes to sustain a single source of truth for all spend & income data digested in the business.
- Add additional data sources into databases and amend structures and mappings as and when is necessary.
- Liaise with key business stakeholders to develop new reports & dashboards.
- Develop insights and analytics – working closely with the Commercial and Trading teams to provide market narrative and insight to optimise revenue opportunities and identify risk.
- Create a continuous process improvement environment.
- Manage and train a small team of analysts; provide clear objectives, actively monitor progress and foster a collaborative work environment.
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail to draw complex conclusions from data and communicating this to senior stakeholders in Finance, Commercial and Trading.
- Strong stakeholder management, communication and presentation skills to convey complex numerical information to a range of stakeholders in a meaningful and concise manner.
- Team management experience and leadership skills to establish best practice, structure, vision and challenge existing processes.
- The ability to work effectively and maintain a high level of performance in a highly complex, diverse, changing environment.
- The natural drive to take initiative to identify current and potential problems and determine the best solution. Identify the cause of problems and key issues through investigation; identify effective, logical and practical solutions.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a solid background in data analytics
- Likely have 5+ years’ experience in a management role
- Have experience working with a commercially focused team, introducing analytics and championing the power of BI to senior stakeholders
- Have advanced Tableau desktop development skills (examples of work would be appreciated)
- Have experience using Tableau Server & Tableau Prep (desirable not essential)
- Have strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Have experience using SQL
- Have strong understanding of best practices in data architecture, ETL & data management
- Have experience working with business system teams and influencing process change
Our values and behaviours:
Agile – Anticipate business needs, continuous process improvement, be flexible whilst maintain high standards
Pioneering – Being constantly curious, be bold in challenging the status quo, support a culture of openness
Ambitious – Strive for excellence, drive hard to achieve, learn from experiences
Responsible – Uphold the highest levels of integrity, lead by example, be courageous in raining concerns
Collaborative – Operate as one finance team locally and globally by sharing best practice and following standard practices and processes
What you’ll get from us:
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a business where data is the absolute key to our future success. You will have the freedom to come up with new proposals as to how to cut up the data. You will also get a lot of exposure to many of the key stakeholders in the business so this role is far more than just a “head in front of laptop” type of role.
Dentsu Aegis Network is a fantastic place to work with many great benefits on offer including 25 days’ annual holiday, Cycle to Work Scheme, and get your Birthday day off!
Not only is it an incredibly fun place to work but as part of a multinational organisation there are many opportunities to advance your career once you have proven yourself.
About Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN)
Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN) DAN is the 4th largest advertising network globally, headquartered in London and operates in 145 countries worldwide with more than 45,000 dedicated specialists. Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands Are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. DAN consists of a number of market leading brands including; Carat, Dentsu Media, Isobar, iProspect, Posterscope, Vizeum, Amplifi, D2D and PSLive each covering different capabilities such as digital creative execution, media planning and buying, mobile applications, SEO, content creation, brand tracking and marketing analytics.
So, how do you apply?
If you feel this role could be what you are looking for please click on the following link where you will be able to upload a CV or LinkedIn: https://dentsuaegis.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/DAN_GLOBAL/job/London/Senior-Commercial-Analytics-Manager_R0881047
Inclusion & Diversity
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
Dentsu Aegis Network