WHO ARE WE?
gyro competes every day with the biggest and most famous agency independents and networks in the world in the expanding space of B2B marketing. The newly merged gyro UK business is unique in the gyro global network in that it has a media business, gyro:precision, of similar size to the creative business. This combined creative and media offering, backed by the scale and capabilities of Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN), makes gyro one of just a few agencies in the UK with a full-service offer, and truly unique in the B2B space. With offices in both London and Manchester we are poised for rapid growth, and have recently won two global clients, Fujitsu and Jones Lang Lasalle (JLL).
Our ambition is that gyro:precision will become an all-encompassing and complementary set of capabilities built upon unique data insights for both media and creative, proprietary planning frameworks and tools, analytical rigor, smart attribution models, and highly efficient ad tech.
Our clients cover all sectors – full service accounts include Fujitsu, Santander Corporate & Commercial, Square, and PwC; media accounts include Microsoft, Workday, Facebook’s Workspace, LinkedIn, the Department of International Trade, EON, PGIM, and others.
We continue to invest heavily in our friendly and collaborative culture, having just rolled out Workplace by Facebook as our internal collaboration tool. We also hold regular Lunch and Learn events and have our very own Culture and Social Clubs.
The purpose of the Strategy Director role is to lead the media-related strategic development of both gyro:precision’s full-service and media-only key clients. For full-service clients, this will involve working in partnership with strategists from the agency’s full-service strategy team. In the case of media-only clients, it will require driving media thinking upstream to a scenario where media is a crucial function in driving business and brand strategy.
The seniority of this position will require not only high calibre strategic skills, rooted in robust data-driven insight, but also a desire to work closely in-house with creative strategy and development, and an entrepreneurial desire to build the full-service integrated planning offer, as well as play an active role in the multi-disciplinary strategy team. The role will work in partnership with the entire strategy community, across the gyro and DAN networks, ensuring we bring excellence in strategic thinking to gyro:precision.
This is a hands-on strategic role working on key clients, as well as new business, including driving the cross-sell of full-service capabilities to media only clients. It is largely UK and EMEA focussed, with some potential work across the USA and APAC.
- Strategy lead for gyro:precision, driving strategic thinking across key clients and in new business pitches
- Working with communications planners to ensure strategic thinking impacts plans
- Participation in new business and big idea generation
- Championing the use of our planning frameworks and tools
- Playing a leading role in evolving this framework into a full-service one
- Active involvement in the gyro THINK group, a forum to drive innovation in strategy
- Understanding the broader DAN offerings and innovation pipelines (especially within the media-focused brands), so we can fully use them as part of gyro
STRATEGIC PLANNING SKILLS
- Strategic thinking ability with balanced analytical and creative approach to help solve clients’ business problems
- Throughout the strategic planning process, an expert understanding and application of quantitative and syndicated research, campaign performance tracking, and data-driven audience insights, as well as a strong ability to identify brand, market, and human insight
- An ability to create, communicate, and sell simple, compelling and actionable strategies and ideas that drive media planning and content creation
- Commitment to delivering creative solutions and the ability to align team members behind creative solutions
- Understanding of multiple communications channels and their role in brand marketing
- Contribute meaningfully to the gyro planning process through identifying key strategic areas to be addressed by comms planners in media plans, including:
- Finding actionable data that helps them develop strong insights
- Marketing tactics and touchpoints to which customers are most receptive
- Key barriers, trigger moments, and relevant touchpoints along the decision-making path
- Key metrics for evaluation
- Be a champion for smart and insightful strategic thinking both inside and outside the agency
- Identifying opportunity areas to grow planning/strategy/insight capabilities and developing action plans for key priorities
- Be at the forefront of latest understanding, including the following:
- How customers’ use of media and technology is evolving
- The significance of new technologies or cultural shifts for our clients’ business – in the context of shifting politico-economic factors, accelerating digital transformation, and changing workplaces
- The relationship between Brand and DR
- Increasing relevance of personalisation, customisation, AI and marketing automation
- Based on business needs (clients, new business, trade media, the agency’s own brand strategy) help to develop inspiring pieces of thinking which, over time, position the agency as the industry’s thought leader in B2B
Client AND Internal Relationships:
- Build and maintain senior client and external agency relationships
- Demonstrate pro-active value to clients by identifying strategic issues before they become a problem and stay on top of business and client concerns to head off issues early
- Accurately represent the client’s point of view when reviewing work and leverage this perspective when providing feedback to team
- Development of client presentations and other important communication that are clear, compelling and persuasive
- Adapt communication style to relevant audience, which can swing from creative partners to senior business executives
- Encourage open, ongoing internal communication
- Lead and facilitate cross-discipline, agency and client teams in workshops and ideation sessions
- Degree-level educational attainment
- Strong, senior-level experience in media-related strategic planning
- B2B experience preferred
- Excellent understanding of social media and new technology
- Strong client service experience
- Proven ability to interact with people at all levels of an organization, fostering strong cross-functional teamwork and results
We are committed to creating a great place to work, so you’ll also get the little perks such as free toast in the morning, team days out, kitchens with free fruit, teas and coffee, 25 days’ holiday, 2 extra days’ holiday to get involved with charity work and you always get another day off for your birthday! But most importantly you’ll be part of a fun and collaborative team culture, and you will work in an environment where you are supported, pushed and developed!
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
Like what you’ve read? Hit the “apply” button and let’s chat!
Dentsu Aegis Network